Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

FCP Groton Should make some T shirts

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FCP Groton Should make some T shirts

if they did we could just add them to our orders!

Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 AM

Yea it should read "We give bad cust service, and our products are not all high quality." Just pray you don't order anything more than an oil filter. I ordered an exaust that looked like a 10 year old welded, and when I returned it they wouldn't help with the shipping, which was 6 times the amount it cost to ship. They could at least send you a return label and charge u their rates. Not to mention the reps are mostly a-holes.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had any problems with FCP, trainwreck. Havent heard of anyone else who has either...

But nice job going off on a major site sponsor.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by TheTrainwreck
Yea it should read "We give bad cust service, and our products are not all high quality." Just pray you don't order anything more than an oil filter. I ordered an exaust that looked like a 10 year old welded, and when I returned it they wouldn't help with the shipping, which was 6 times the amount it cost to ship. They could at least send you a return label and charge u their rates. Not to mention the reps are mostly a-holes.
your the judge of what you buy.. FCP doesnt force you to buy there parts, if you dont like buying from them feel free to go to your local volvo dealer to get your parts, be prepared to bend over..
Buy cheap parts, there not going to be OEM quality.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:25 PM

I have never had any issue with FCP, they've been easy to deal with. I like em, you get what you pay for. if you go cheap cheap expect it.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

WTF?! You must have done something wrong. Never had any problems with them. Their customer service has been excellent. Always have immediate email responses from Mike, Scott, and Bobby. They have actually gone out of their way on several occasions to either correct an error or get the parts that I need. Never ever have had an issue. Obviously most of what they sell is aftermarket, and obviously you don't know that any OEM parts you want, they can get.

And an exhaust??!! I've never heard of FCP to sell an exhaust for the 850s.

Originally Posted by ibified
But nice job going off on a major site sponsor.
I concur.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:57 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Trainwreck, thanks for the laugh. Funny. I order from them a lot and usually get the OEM parts. If what they have is not oem, I proceed with causion.

I also get parts from the stealer and ipd. The thing I like about ipd is the fact that they disclose, disclose, disclose what parts they believe are improved over oem, and how their parts stack up to oem. They also allow people to leave feed back. The thing I don't like is how long it takes to get my parts and the shipping cost.

FCP always gets me what I order real fast, I have never had a problem with an order and they carry a lot of stuff.

If I were FCP I would NOT print t-shirts. Only 5 customers would order them and they would be a lost unless they gave them away at car meets or something like that. Maybe they can toss in a nice t-shirt if you order more than $500 in parts in any given year. So Gilber, we can give you one from your last year orders. LOL

Old 01-03-2011, 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by rspi
The thing I don't like is how long it takes to get my parts and the shipping cost.
If you don't already, call in your orders to iPd.
I've noticed that parts that I order from iPd via their site usually takes 3 days (sometimes 2 days) to get to me. If I call in the order I've always got it the next day. Granted I live 2 hours away from iPd but it seams like things get through the system a lot faster by calling them.

And +1 to FCP!!

Old 01-03-2011, 03:45 AM

FCP is just awesome for a broke kid like myself. The shipping rates($18 upwards) make it impossible to order one part, but the prices and speed are pretty much the best. Sometimes too fast, I've called minutes after i ordered to add something... forget it, it's already been shipped!

I would be awarded a t-shirt!

Old 01-03-2011, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by rspi
So Gilber, we can give you one from your last year orders. LOL
LOL. Hahahaha. Yeah, a shirt is the least they could do.

Originally Posted by Mad Matt
If you don't already, call in your orders to iPd.
I've noticed that parts that I order from iPd via their site usually takes 3 days (sometimes 2 days) to get to me. If I call in the order I've always got it the next day. Granted I live 2 hours away from iPd but it seams like things get through the system a lot faster by calling them.

And +1 to FCP!!
I agree, I usually call in my IPD orders to Lucky and he helps me out and the orders have always gotten shipped same day, even at times when he said they might not get shipped till the following day.

Originally Posted by kockyhardrockr
The shipping rates($18 upwards) make it impossible to order one part, but the prices and speed are pretty much the best.
You do know the FCP rep on this site has a code in his sig for free shipping right? I don't remember the last time I've placed an order from them and it wasn't 10% off and free shipping.

Old 01-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My Experience

Hello, I'm very happy with FCP as is a friend in North Carolina. Does anybody have the name of the FCP rep on this board or how to raise him? (shadow of the Volvo logo shone against cloudy sky?) Kira

Old 01-03-2011, 11:18 PM

Same experience here, I am not buying from them any more. But they are our sponsor and we are not suppose to complain. IPD is place with quality parts

Old 01-04-2011, 02:08 AM

Gilber: Andrew may have had the coupon code for free shipping and 10% off in his sig at one time, but it isnt there anymore.

George: his handle on here is "fcpgroton"

Andrew Owendoff
FCP Groton - Volvo, BMW, Audi,Volkswagen, Mercedes, Porsche, Saab, and Jaguar Replacement Parts
FCP Import - Acura, Honda, Infiniti, Nissan, Toyota, Lexus, etc Replacement Parts

Old 01-04-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by ibified
Gilber: Andrew may have had the coupon code for free shipping and 10% off in his sig at one time, but it isnt there anymore.
Oh, I didn't notice. I just use the VS one. I bet if you called them and placed your order and told them that you were a member on Volvoforums, they would give you the deal.