Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

My car is dead, need major advice.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car is dead, need major advice.

'Sup everyone, got myself a little delima. I drive a '94 Volvo 850 Turbo. I live in Sacramento. Today, while I was at work, my car was broken into. They smashed the drivers side window, leaving glass all over the floor and seat, yanked out my deck, and that being the only thing worth taking and the only thing in my car luckily at the time, ran with it. [:@]I know I made the stupid mistake of leaving the faceplate on, so my bad but here is the real problem. Apparently, since whoever stole my deck tore it out, they must have touched the "magic wire" that kills the car. So I can put the key in, turn on all the lights, and if i had a radio, i'm pretty sure listen to it, but the engine doesn't turn on. No crank, no click noise, nothing. I could care less about the radio and the window, but I wan't my car back alive. Tried jumping it like the dealership and some other places told me to do, but that did nothing. What I want to know is, how do I bring my car back to life?! [X(]If it helps, the deck I had in there is a Pioneer DEH-P3900MP. Also, if you have any info on window fixes or a cheap radio or where I can get the original stock radio back in, that would be appreciated, but not need. Thanks in advance. Peace.

Oh yea, i looked through the forums and did searches but i'm still new and so i apologize if this has already been asked.

Old 06-18-2007, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My car is dead, need major advice.

Okay people, I did it. I less than an hour I found out how to fix my car. Since the security system wasn't gonna let me turn my car on, I decided to pull its damn plug. So I went to the fuse box and pulled out the central locking fuse, which was #6 on my car, and put it back in its fuse. And Voila! the car rises back from the dead. Sort of reminds me of that Selvester Stalone Movie wear he's a cop acting as a convict and is known for riding the flat line for a while before coming back to life. It's so bueatiful.[] -clear throat- Anyways I would still appreciate advice on any other method from resurrecting the car from the dead. In case the way I did it might mess something up in the car. Peace.