Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Possibly the lowest mileage 850 wagon in the US.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly the lowest mileage 850 wagon in the US.

I've always loved wagons and am always on the lookout for a new old car. Back in March I pulled the trigger on this 35k mile, 1995 850 wagon that I found for sale in Japan. Yes, you read that right, this car is from Japan.

It's a RHD GLE in im guessing euro spec, but has Japanese stickers and lables everywhere. I rarely see 850s anymore in south Florida and this is my first Volvo, so I have nothing to compare it to to see the differences between US spec and rest of the world spec.

This car is nice! Nicer than I expected actually. The ad only had 12 pictures, and very few words to describe the condition of the car. I would have preferred a mamual trans, but with the combo of low mileage and price I decided to take the risk.

It runs and drives great! All systems are working properly with the exception of seat heaters, a crackly volume ****, and intermittent dash lights. There is one weird sound that I hear a few seconds after I start to drive after starting, a single dull "click" somewhere behind me. The interior is nice and clean, it has a factory CD changer, no third row seat, a factory emergency triangle, and the spare tire and jack have never been used. There are some tiny dings and scratched here and there, but overall I'm really happy with the car. I've put over 800 trouble free kms since it arrived and I anticipate it'll go for many thousands more!

If anyone has a center cap for the wheels on the car they can part with, or a left front door factory wind deflector, I need them, just let me know. Thanks