Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

this is a sad day in my 96 850 turbo PE :(

Old 10-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is a sad day in my 96 850 turbo PE :(

well last night was some heavy rain here in my area and i was out driving to school i was a bit late so my speeds where questionable but i was cut off on the road and with no time to stop i had to vear off the road and i hit a wall. let me tell u my whole front end will need to be ridid, i'm trying to save some loot reusing the stuff that survived meaning my 850 turbo platinum edition will never be the same !

the whole front end was shifted from passenger side to driver side however thank god nothing had happened to the frame!!

the hood looks terrible as of right now the way it is ( which it might stay) it may not even line up!

so far i managed to get the whole front end off and sort of fixed, right now i'm in need of some parts before i move on

aswell does anybody know exactly wat this piece is called?

such a sad feeling knowing my limited edition will no longer be limited edition it will just be the same as any other 850 !

Last edited by s_moneh; 10-10-2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why wouldn't it be a limited edition anymore? Because you have to replace the front clip? So. A platinum's a platinum. That looks to be a fairly easy fix. Find someone parting a car, get the fenders, hood, and bumper, and get them sprayed.

Old 10-10-2009, 05:07 PM
Administrator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

That last pic of a radiator core support.

Old 10-10-2009, 10:17 PM

rebuild that man! Gotta love the stock fogs

Old 10-10-2009, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Legendsecko87
Haha, this guy loves his fogs.

Old 10-10-2009, 11:25 PM

As the others have stated, that looks like a fairly easy fix but I feel your pain. I just came inside from drooling over my PE for the 10th time today and I would feel sick if that happened to my newly acquired baby.

You got a Pull a Part in your area?

EDIT: After looking at the pics again, are you sure the frame rails are ok? For the hood to be out of square in relation to the fenders and the headlights being shifted over, I'd say the frame rails look to be tweaked a bit. This would still be a relatively painless fix though. 2 hours on a frame machine can pull those rails back straight.

Last edited by schigara; 10-10-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:44 PM

True, and it looks like quite a bit of the front is still reusable, head lights, wipers, headlight trim. Looks like a pretty painless fix. I think the worst part will be getting parts painted. I heard the platinum edition pearl is "fun" color to get matched.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:01 AM

Actually it will be near impossible to find a painter to match a 14 year old pearl metallic color. It would be cheaper and easier to find a good painter to reshoot the entire car.

Originally Posted by gilber33
True, and it looks like quite a bit of the front is still reusable, head lights, wipers, headlight trim. Looks like a pretty painless fix. I think the worst part will be getting parts painted. I heard the platinum edition pearl is "fun" color to get matched.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:05 AM

I disagree. The painter should have something that they can put up next to the car that can read what color it is, or, just give them the paint code from the engine bay. I think it would be unnecessary to have the entire car resprayed.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:42 AM

Having painted quite a few cars myself, the problems are compounded with old pearl metallic paint. The pigment slightly fades over time. This fading is not a problem with a solid color. You just keep shooting color cards and adjusting the base color till you get a match. This process becomes harder with a metallic base but then you add pearl and the base color being white and a very difficult color by itself, just compounds the problem even further.

I am by no stretch a great painter but I have known some good painters and one very good painter(Brian Cruz) and know from second hand experience, an older pearl metallic is very very difficult to reproduce.

I disagree. The painter should have something that they can put up next to the car that can read what color it is, or, just give them the paint code from the engine bay. I think it would be unnecessary to have the entire car resprayed.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:44 AM
Administrator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

If you were in Orlando there is a pull and pay here that has a Plat in it.

Old 10-11-2009, 10:17 AM

Even with the paint code from the car? Couldn't you just use that?

I want a Pick N' Pull by me.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 AM

Haha, this guy loves his fogs.
Well it is kind of hard to find 850s with foglights in the correct placement. I have seen maybe 3 of them around here in WA

Old 10-11-2009, 11:21 AM

Where else do people put them?

Old 10-11-2009, 12:28 PM

Yes, the paint code is where you would start.

Even with the paint code from the car? Couldn't you just use that?

I want a Pick N' Pull by me.

Old 10-11-2009, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Legendsecko87
i'm on it man but its long weekend so i have to wait till tuesday to even hit the junkyard and pull parts off other 850's!

Originally Posted by schigara
As the others have stated, that looks like a fairly easy fix but I feel your pain. I just came inside from drooling over my PE for the 10th time today and I would feel sick if that happened to my newly acquired baby.

You got a Pull a Part in your area?

EDIT: After looking at the pics again, are you sure the frame rails are ok? For the hood to be out of square in relation to the fenders and the headlights being shifted over, I'd say the frame rails look to be tweaked a bit. This would still be a relatively painless fix though. 2 hours on a frame machine can pull those rails back straight.

funny u should say its quiet new to me too! i got it like 2 months ago maybe and it was mint!
whats a pull a part? never heard of it :S and so far i'm pretty sure its just my actual hood latches ( the part with the spring) i may have to replace both then i'm pretty sure it would be back to alignment, then its just getting the fender on nice but there was a SLIGHT chance in the frame rails my dad did up some banging on them and we noticed a few things shifter over but not drastically( u can tell because the ECU box latch is cracked!) but the majority was that the core support was hit dead on and that caused all the lights to shift over cuz its all on 1 piece and it cracked

yea out of the lights all i need is my passenger side corner,otherwise everything is good but i need a new fiberglass piece ( the core support or w/e), new bumper, new trim for the front bumper and i may aswell jsut get a new fender instead of trying to bend this one back to try and get it to look right, the hood i'm not sure on yet its like a small bend with a bit of metal chunk hanging off it but it was bend back a little bit

Originally Posted by tech
If you were in Orlando there is a pull and pay here that has a Plat in it.

wat is this pull and pay? i wanna know so i can search wat the closest one is to me

ASWELL i dont think i'll be painting it anytime soon, its almost winter here so wen i replace the parts and they r different colours, then so be it, i'll be that guy for a couple months BUT that will give me time to recoupe and grab a fresh paintjob in the spring back to its original pearl colour

Last edited by s_moneh; 10-11-2009 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:04 PM

Pull a Part or Pull and Pay are self serve salvage yards where you bring your tools and pull the parts yourself. The parts are very cheap compared to a typical salvage yard.

You can get any engine from $150-$200.....Fender for about $25.....Transmissions for about $80-$120.....ECU's for $35-$50.....etc.

I dont know where you are but here is a website for the Pull a Part in my city. http://www.pullapart.com/ just to give you an idea of the prices at a self serve salvage yard.

Last edited by schigara; 10-11-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:55 PM

aha yea i figured i did a google for me just after that, but yea i have a few here where i'm from so i'm goign to be hitting these places up after long weekend! wooo!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:02 AM

Where else do people put them?
Where the front tow-hook is along with the other "Air vent". I've seen some with Autozone fogs.

Old 10-12-2009, 11:00 AM

Oh yeah, I've seen pictures of 850's with fogs there. Looks really generic.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: this is a sad day in my 96 850 turbo PE :(