Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

sunroof issues

Old 06-12-2011, 06:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sunroof issues

i jus recently bought a volvo 850 an the issue im havin with the sunroof is it will open to the vent position but will not slide open, now theres some juice flowin up to it you can hear the motor try to engage,an the lights dim when u hit the switch like normal when the car is off...........this is my first volvoan idk know a whole lot about em, so if anyone has some advice on how to get my sunroof to open that would be great cus its my first vehicle with one i also checked the fuse an it was fine (an the horn dont work an the fuse is good on that if anyone has any suggestions

Old 06-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

You can check this link to see if the sunroof tips there help.
Automotive Tips and Repair Instructions

My 960 did that once and I smacked the top of it with my palm and it popped and started working again.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:02 PM

thamks i gave that a try. im not sure it help i was able to assit it with my hand(hard push, its actin like its stickin. i spray lubed it and it helped some but its still havin trouble opening on its own, so maybe after consistent lubrication itll get better idk but at least now it does open jus have to help it(an occasionally itll trip the breaker an i have to wait for it to reset

Old 06-13-2011, 12:03 PM

and any suggestions on my horn my siren has a horn on it but to pass inspection the factory horn has to work

Old 06-13-2011, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Not sure what you mean by siren/horn???

Old 06-13-2011, 06:45 PM

Based on his name Im guessing he has an after market siren. Why the horn does not work, I am not sure.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:40 AM

yes trs80 ur correct i run lights an siren in my 850 ima take a test light an see if theres any power goin to the horns in the morning

Old 06-14-2011, 05:09 AM
Administrator

Oh, my wagon was owned by a fire chief as far as I can tell. I found some radio wiring, stickers and some other stuff that indicates it.

Old 06-14-2011, 07:42 AM

Post back if you fix the sun roof. Mine does the same thing, it will vent perfect but has trouble retracting. When I pull the headliner Im going to check the motor, clean and grease the track.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Remove the glass and see what's going on.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:04 AM

I got it workin sprayed the hell out of the track with silicone grease an the drive chain........after several spray downs got it workin an as for the horns they got power goin to em, the horns them self are shot in the ***, its comin together, which brings me to my next question, does anyone know what the paint code is for the volvo burgandy red, i had to do body work on the door an its primer color right now an i wanna get it painted or does anyone know were i can find this code

Old 06-18-2011, 04:07 AM

oh an trs i didnt remove my headliner i just took a spray straw an stuck it back an sprayerd the rollers an stuff after you spray it down good it will work the first few times you have to assist it in sliding back by pullin/pushin it while holding your button thats what i did an after serious lubricating it works

Old 06-18-2011, 04:10 AM

between ur lubrications open an close it an lube it again the first few you will have to push it while usin the button but it will start opening its self after several times of doin this oh an theres a sensor that trips if it senses the window not opening if it trips wait a few seconds an it will reset automatically

Old 06-18-2011, 05:40 AM
Administrator

As for the sunroof, your motor must be weak or you have some binding issues, those motors will crush some stuff normally. PAINT CODE, if you open the hood, there is a metal plate attached under there, it has the vin, exterior paint code, & interior color code.

Old 06-19-2011, 02:33 AM

ya i think its one of those two, an thanks i will check that out

Old 06-19-2011, 02:45 AM

which brings me to my next questions my thermometer(idk if its in or outside) its reading in celsius is there a way to change it to farenhight an my other question is the tripmeter nor the odometer are workin idk what would really cause that the fuse looks fine? any ideas on either

Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by firefighter850
which brings me to my next questions my thermometer(idk if its in or outside) its reading in celsius is there a way to change it to farenhight an my other question is the tripmeter nor the odometer are workin idk what would really cause that the fuse looks fine? any ideas on either
(1) Hold the hour and minute button at the same time and you'll see the clock switch between regular and military time, and C & F for the temp.

(2) Sounds like a broken odo gear. Do a search for it. It's a common issue.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:23 AM

well im startin to encounter other issues now, when i go to start it it will crank an crank an eventully start or try to start ......its runnin ok, could the exuast pipe not bein hooked up to the muffler completly be screwin with the computer or do u think my ecu is failing i let yall know if its gets worse ima saw of the pipe on both ends an put a new piece in place

Old 06-22-2011, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by firefighter850
well im startin to encounter other issues now, when i go to start it it will crank an crank an eventully start or try to start ......its runnin ok, could the exuast pipe not bein hooked up to the muffler completly be screwin with the computer or do u think my ecu is failing i let yall know if its gets worse ima saw of the pipe on both ends an put a new piece in place
The missing pipe wouldn't prevent the car from starting, and as long as you still have the O2 sensors connected, it should run pretty good.

IIRC, the ECU is pretty rock solid.

For the cranking, I'd review the Stage Zero tasks and make sure everything is in tip-top shape.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:50 PM

hmm whats stage zero, an how do i do i. an does any one know the size of the factory exaust pipe on a non turbo model

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sunroof issues