Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

VolvoForums Resources Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default VolvoForums Resources Thread

Here is an updated and organized list of Volvo Aftermarket websites.

Please do not add any more to this. I want this thread to be clean with just this one post in it. This is so that is is organized and not jumbled around like the other one. Thank you

If you have other links to add to this, please PM me the links and what catagory they fit into. If it is a new catagory let me know. Thanks

Volvo Aftermarket Parts/ OEM Parts
IPD
EuroSportTuning (EST)
Viva Performance
VolvoMotorSports (VMS)
FCP Groton
Heico
Kalmar-Union
VlvWorld
Sam Steffansson
Scandanvian Car Tuning
QuickBrickMotorSports (QBM)
Auto Lamps Plus
LOTEK (GaugePods.com)
Egauges
Summit Racing
Engstrom
evolvecars
BrickStylz
Volvo Parts
Parts for Volvo's Online
Parts Train
ASAP Motors
Volpar
eEuroparts
Volvoparts
Volvoparts Direct Link
RC Injectors
Stylin Motors Turbo Hoses
Erie Volvo
Ronal Wheels
AutoRice, Pretty good site check it out please
DTMwerks, Good site check it out
HID's, CQLight
http://www.sharphid.com/
http://www.turborevs.org.uk/

Tuning Companies (ECU upgrades)
IPD
Upsolute
SpeedTuning USA (ST USA)
RICA
BSR
Inmotion

Rims and Tires
Tire Rack
Discount Tire Direct
Edge Racing

Aftermarket Audio
Ipod Adapters:
Log Jam Electronics
IcarKits
Discount Car Stereo
IPD
Neo Ion Adapter
enfigcarstereo

Headunits:
Crutchfield
Tweeter
Best Buy

Various Volvo Forums
Volvospeed (VS)
TurboBricks
Volvo-Forums
SwedeSpeed
BrickBoard
s40 Concepts
v70R

Car Video Websites
Streetfire
YouTube

Volvo BTCC Items
Volvo 850 Estate BTCC Diecast Model Car
Volvo BTCC Items on EBAY

Paint
Paint Scratch

Volvo Headlight and Fog Lamp protection
- Lamin-x
Volvo Applications
- Xpel Headlight Covers
Xpel Volvo Applications

Last edited by rspi; 04-22-2011 at 07:19 AM. Reason: bad link
Old 12-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Default RE: LINK's For Sites Updated

Dash removal for mounting tab repair. - 5/14/2006 9:22:51 AM

Posted By TECH:

"First thing you have to do is disconnect the battery.

Next start off by removing the wiper arms.There is a 13mm nut per arm.You may need to remove a black cover to get to the nut.
Then remove the 4 Torxes 25 screws holding the plastic cover under the the wiper arms.You will have to also remove the 2 clamps holding the rubber hoses to the plastic cover.Lift up on the front of the cover then slide it towards the front of the car to remove it.
Then under there is Either 4 torxes 30 screws or 10mm screws that hold the dash to the body of the car.Be very careful removing and tightening the screws for the dash.The dash tabs could break and then will need to be repaired or the dash will need to be replaced.Also just pull up on the pollen filter case if it has one.If not just remove the ring that is there.

Going to the inside of the car you will need:T-25 socket or bit with a screwdriver,A long T-30 socket,18mm socket with extension and ratchet,wire cutters,T-15,T-20,10mm ,12mm,13mm,1/4 drive socket.

First start off by removing the center console.If it is a 850 remove the front cubby by reoving the 2 T-25 screws then under the cover is 2 T-15 screws remove them.Unplug the black and grey plugs in the hole by the 2 T-15 screws.Then lift up the armrest and remove the black cover and remove the 2 8mm or 10mm screws.The early 850's may have T-25 screws.

The S70 remove the shifter boot cover bye pulling it towards the drivers seat with the arm rest up.Then remove the cover in the cover under the arm rest.Remove the 2 screws in there.
Unplug the 2 plugs behind the cover for the E-brake.Lift the back of the center console up first and work it out.

Next remove the radio by pushing in the little tabs on the side of the radio then they will pop out and then pull them to release the tabs all the way.Remove and unplug the radio.

The next step will depend whether you have ECC (Electronic climate control)or MCC(manual climate control)
If you have ecc then you car reach through the hole for the radio and push the climate control module from the back.Be careful put a rag on your arm.Sometimes it is stubborn and when it releases it will cut your arm.

If you have MCC then remove all 3 of the control *****.Then under the 2 outer ***** is 2 T-25 screws.Remove them then push the outside cover out from the back and unplug the wiring.On the sides you will see one Phillips screw on each side remove them.You are done here for now.

Next remove the air bag from the steering wheel.Turn the steering wheel so that the top is to one side.There is a hole in the back of the steering wheel.Insert a long T-30 and remove the screws for the airbag.Always remove and tighten the right side screw for the air bag first.If not then the horn might not work.Next take the little T-20 screw stored in the steering wheel.That will get screwed into the hole on top of where the bolt for the steering wheel is.It will hold the Contact reel from unrolling.
Note: Break the bolt for the steering wheel loose before installing the small screw.
Remove the bolt holding the steering wheel in.It is a 18mm head bolt.Then lift the steering wheel off.

Next remove the steering column covers.On the S70 pull up on the top one and remove it.Then loosen and remove the T-25 screws in the bottom cover.The screws go from the bottom going up.
The 850 you will have to remove 2 T-15 screws in the front part of the cover.You will need it to be long to reach the screws.That will remove the top cover.Note be careful removing the T-15 screws.Hold down on the top cover while removing then or the tabs might break off the top cover.Then remove the 2 T-25 screws and remove the lower cover.

Next remove the turn signal switch and the wiper switch.They are held on by 2 T-25 screws each.Next remove the SRS contact reel.Note:Be very careful the plastic is very brittle.
There is 3 screws total holding it in.Then unplug it and remove it all the way.

Next remove the lower dash panel on the left side of the car.Then look up under the dash and you should see a long red plug or a Yellow with a Purple pull tab to release. It should have a tab to pull to release it.Pull it and release it.That is the main plug for the dash.
Next on the 850 you will have to remove the metal knee bolsters.There is 13mm nuts holding it in.Note:Or you can wait till you remove the dash.It is easier to remove them once the dash is out.Pull back the cover at the bottom of the dash by the door.The sill cover that runs all the way back.Pull it off by the dash.You will see a screw holding the bottom of the dash.remove the 10mm screw.

Then go to the other side and remove the glove box assembly.Remove the T-25 screws folding it in.On the 850's unhook the glove box support arms by inserting a small screw driver in the hole.Then remove the insert.Next remove the lower dash cover on that side as well.
Also unplug the passenger side Air bag.You will see the plug.Look for an orange wrapped wire and follow to the plug.Then pull back on the sill cover again and remove the 10mm screw on that side as well.

The dash should be ready to come out.Make sure you have someone help you remove it.
You will need to leave the key out of the ignition.To get the car out of park.Look on the right side of the shifter.There is a soleniod you will need to push the soleniod back and push the button on the shifter and pull out of part.
Remove the dash.If it is turbo you will also have to unplug the line for the boost guage if the car has one.Also be careful some cars have an extra plug you will have to unplug while removing the dash.Watch while removing.
Set the dash off to the side in a safe place.

Then you will see the Dash Mounting Tabs on the back of the Dash.
This is what I would use to repair the Tabs. They call it Piping strap.I have a picture posted at the bottom of the post.
What you will do is cut a piece that will go up and over the tab that you can screw on each side. You will need to screw it over the clips that are there with the threads.Make sure you get it as tight as you can. Then when you got them all secured before installing make sure you install either a piece of Duct tape or Felt tape over the Tab and strap. This way you know it won't squeek or anything like that.

Then reinstall the dash. "

Old 12-10-2006, 03:57 PM

Instructions to remove the center console - 11/3/2005 9:49:42 PM

Posted By TECH:

"This is instructions to remove the Center Console.

First lift the armrest lid and remove all the Items stored in there. Next remove the lid that is in the bottom of the console.There is 2 screws in there.Either 2 8mm screws or 2 torxes 25 screws. Depends on the year. Then remove the front cubby in the console.There is 2 screws holding it in.One is in kind of under the lighter.The screws go from the front cubby to the console.The screws are t-25 screws.Pull the cubby out. Then look down towards the floor you will see 2 t-15 screws. Remove the 2 screws and unplug the 2 plugs.They are black and grey. Then grab and lift the console from the back and then slide it towards the back of the car and it will come out.

Sorry no pics I will try to find some and post them. "

Old 07-28-2007, 12:13 PM

R213FAQ: On-line Owners Manuals

ORIGINAL: robert213

R213FAQ: On-line Owners Manuals

http://apps.volvocars.us/ownersdocs/.../97850_000.htm
http://apps.volvocars.us/ownersdocs/...98sv70_000.htm

More info, including Maintenance Charts, Owners' Manuals, Vehicle Identification Numbers (VIN), Vehicle Identification Codes (VIC), Vehicle Specifications, Warranty Booklets and Press Releases
at...
old link http://www.volvocars.us/_Tier2/Owners/Library.htm
new link http://www.volvocars.us/tools/OwnersInfo/

Wiring Diagrams on Net - 2/1/2006 4:23:16 PM

jcmartin

Finally found the place for wiring diagrams

http://www.volvotechinfo.com/WD123/

edvanc
Wiring diagram
7:46 AM 9-2-2006

I thought this might be useful. Sorry to duplicate, if you have it already.
http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/wiring/U...%203917201.htm

ORIGINAL: hillfolk

I can't seem to register on that site as my address is in Canada.
Any suggestions?
thanks, Dave

ORIGINAL: hillfolk
I can't seem to register on that site as my address is in Canada.
Any suggestions?
thanks, Dave
A valid U.S. Mailing address is required. I established a dummy test id -- only to be used by members of this forum.

To access Volvo Owners Info on-line, please use this account (password not required)

http://www.volvocars.us/tools/OwnersInfo/
volvocarsid@donotuse.com

As a reminder, please do NOT request printed information as the person who bought my former townhome in Chicago will not be very happy.
ORIGINAL: billofdurham

Thank you for this info.

Like Dave (hillfolk), I was trying to work out how I could get into the Volvo site. Volvo UK does not provide this service, so it is really helpful.

Bill.

MadeInJapan
Just found- 850 Service Manual for Download!
4:54 PM 8-15-2006

Just stumbling around the internet and found this. You'll need WinRar (so google it and download this) to unzip (or is it un-rar??) this. For a '95 850, but so much applies to even my '98 S70. Have fun!

http://www.mammes.com/volvo/850servicemanual.rar

ORIGINAL: Volgrrr

I was very interested in looking at the Volvo wiring diagrams.

Upon accessing the site (i.e. WD123) a comprehensive index came up on the screen and then, no matter what part of the index I selected to view, Adobe would only display the front cover of a Volvo manual on screen.

Eventually I gave up.

Is something obvious being overlooked here? (I am in Australia).
ORIGINAL: tech

Maybe something on your end it just worked for me.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great Resources. I owned a volvo 850 and Im looking to get a V70. Love the wagon!