Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

What's the best antifreeze for your Volvo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 01:02 AM
Administrator
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mudpie
It lists the standard green stuff, and dex-cool, the two of which I thought were incompatible.
If those two are mixed you get jello and it plugs the passages. It's a bear to try and get flushed out. I try to stay far away from Dex-cool (orange) and I also like the "Mixes with anything" stuff

Old 03-31-2017, 05:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don’t mean to be critical but sometimes I don’t understand people when it comes to doing what I consider to be routine vehicle maintenance. Take for instance my neighbor; after he finished changing his oil a few months ago he topped off the other fluids. This is smart except for one thing. Winter was just around the corner and he only added water to his radiator and his windshield washer fluid reservoir. That is a recipe for disaster if the weather gets cold enough. What should he have done? The answer to that is put approved windshield washer fluid in the reservoir for that and only use the best antifreeze possible in his cooling system.
I am using PRESTONE AF2000 EXTENDED LIFE ANTIFREEZE . You would be hard pressed to find any better antifreeze products in the industry than those made by Prestone. The company name is so strong when it comes to coolant for your vehicle that the name itself is almost synonymous with antifreeze. This is a great product that will do a nice job cooling your engine even under the most extreme conditions . One of the best things about this product is how well it protects your cooling system from corrosion. With its built-in “cor-guard” technology it actually puts a protective layer of coating over you somewhat sensitive cooling system metals to keep them from breaking down under use.