Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

Vaping T5

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 06:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vaping T5

Hey guys,

Hoping someone here might be able to help me with this issue on my T5 motor (Ignore the Ford Badge we all know its really a Volvo :P :P )

So the car started vaping intermittently, Its only on idle and only once its warm, like when the oil hits propper running temp (Got a Oil temp gauge from factory)
So when checking stuff out I found the Crankcase Oil breather has broken in like 3 places.

Once I replaced this with a temp Hose while I wait for a replacement to arrive from overseas Its ugly as hell I know unfortunately I need the car for work. I had no issues with smoke But had a huge issue with hesitation under load, This ended up being a boost leak from a loose hose clamp, Sorted that and been driving for a few days Happily but today on a bit of a longer drive and prob first time oil has gotten fully up to temp started again.

Now its possible the Temp hose I've fitted has come loose on the rocker cover and I'm suspecting this, going to tighten that this afternoon and pull the sparks to see if they badly fouled up (car was running super Rich thanks to boost leak)

I've got a brand new Oil filter housing I ordered a bit ago but stupidly didn't get the breather hence the now wait.. Also, the car isn't using any coolant at all, no oil gunk.

So the main question, do issues with the crankcase breather cause blue/intermittent smoke? anyone know anything else on this.