Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

C70 Windows came down automatically

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C70 Windows came down automatically

Last night during Hurricane Sandy, all my windows on my C70 came down. I absolutely did not put them down, nor did anyone in my household. I never drive with the windows down. Somewhere during the night all the windows came down. I might believe an electrical storm might be able to do something like this, but all we got was rain and wind.

I can't escape the feeling of foul play, but I don't know how this could happen? Even if I left the car unlocked, a person could not put the windows down without a key. I wondered if perhaps there is an electronic signal that can do this??? My dealer had no explanation of how this could happen. The interior got a little wet, but fortunately the worst of the storm had passed.

Any ideas on how this could happen?

Last edited by tomilvento; 10-30-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: refined explanation
Old 11-10-2012, 09:14 PM

I realize some might think this is a joke, or someone in my family is doing this. But it happened two more times. I come to my car parked outside and all the windows are down. I didn't do it. No one in my house did it. But all the windows are down.

I am wondering in there is a key sequence that does this? Anything?

Old 11-13-2012, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

What year car do you have?

Old 11-14-2012, 09:54 AM

2011 C70 convertible. I called Volvo service and said there is nothing they know that could cause this to happen. But it has happened three times now.

Old 11-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Default Windows ???

I own a 2008 C70 and have no idea how this can happen BUT I would remove the drivers window switches and use a good elect. spray cleaner on all the switches and plugs. Put some "spark plug grease" on all the contact points. auto stores sell little packets at the front counter. There is a name for this grease but I can't remember it. I had a back window that would not close completely sometimes and cleaning the has stopped the problem.
When I think about your problem I can not for the life of me think how this can happen 3 times ????? I went out to my car without my keys and played with the window switchs and nothing moved.

Good luck with this one ????

Cb

Old 10-04-2021, 06:09 PM
Default Window Auto Down

[QUOTE=tomilvento;333156]Last night during Hurricane Sandy, all my windows on my C70 came down. I absolutely did not put them down, nor did anyone in my household. I never drive with the windows down. Somewhere during the night all the windows came down. I might believe an electrical storm might be able to do something like this, but all we got was rain and wind.

I can't escape the feeling of foul play, but I don't know how this could happen? Even if I left the car unlocked, a person could not put the windows down without a key. I wondered if perhaps there is an electronic signal that can do this??? My dealer had no explanation of how this could happen. The interior got a little wet, but fortunately the worst of the storm had passed.

Any ideas on how this could happen?
Good question, where is your key? Will it be inside your pocket? There is auto open windows if you press down open door button longer. Your window will all open. Same if you press the lock button, all your window will be up. It is design in a hot day before you arrive your car, you can open all the windows and let the hot air inside your car escape.