Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Chrome Crystal Projector Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrome Crystal Projector Headlights

I just purchase chrome crystal projector headlights for my 2001 Volvo C70HT Conv from E-Bay. I should be receiving them soon. I will attempt to install them myself but need instructions. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to remove my stock headlight assembly on my 2001 C70 so I can install my new projector headlights? For anyone insterested in the projector headlights, I got them from seller drrtydevil who is a seller on Ebay. I got them for $331.45 which includes shipping. Apparently they are suppose to be ready for install; however I can't confirm that since they haven't arrived yet.

Here are my pictures

Old 10-14-2006, 10:28 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Chrome Crystal Projector Headlights

When I installed my E-code headlights, just the glass I used this set of instructions.

Click Me

I know it is for an 850, but it worked for mine too which is a 1999 s70 awd. Some of the instructions didn't work for the s70 because of course the s70 is a little different then the 850.

----------------------------------------------------------

By the way, did you buy turn signals to match? Just wondering because I just bought the chrome ones you got from the same guy on Ebay and he only had the SMOKED turn signals. No chrome ones.

Tell me how the install goes too.

Old 10-15-2006, 03:46 AM

THANKS! This is exactly what I need! Thank you VERY MUCH!!! These instructions will come in handy! I'm pretty sure I will have to dedicate 1 day to do this. I will make sure I start on a Sat so I'll have the weekend to finish before I start work on Monday. I didn't get the side markers but I do plan on getting them. I saw the smoke markers he had. Since I have the crystal I want to stay with crystal. I did find a site that carries the aftermarket side markers. Not sure if the price is good or not, it's more then the other guy, but you may want to check them out. It is:

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=4506

Where the yellow reflector is on the side marker you will see that it is black at this link. They also have the yellow reflector in chrome as well, and they both are the same price. I did order the crystal blinker side lights from a different site. It is:

http://www.autorice.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=797

The price came up just over $26 which includes the shipping. I thought that was pretty good. I got them because one of mine is broken so why not get these?! The dealer wanted close to $40 for the stock!!!!!!!!! These look better then stock..., AND you get 2!

I will let you know how the install went and I'll take a picture of my ride afterwards! Thanks so much again for the instructions! You're GREAT! By the way, are you happy with your reflectors and was it pretty much "plug and play" or did you have to do modifications?

Old 10-15-2006, 11:47 AM

ORIGINAL: c70girl

THANKS! This is exactly what I need! Thank you VERY MUCH!!! These instructions will come in handy! I'm pretty sure I will have to dedicate 1 day to do this. I will make sure I start on a Sat so I'll have the weekend to finish before I start work on Monday. I didn't get the side markers but I do plan on getting them. I saw the smoke markers he had. Since I have the crystal I want to stay with crystal. I did find a site that carries the aftermarket side markers. Not sure if the price is good or not, it's more then the other guy, but you may want to check them out. It is:

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=4506

Where the yellow reflector is on the side marker you will see that it is black at this link. They also have the yellow reflector in chrome as well, and they both are the same price. I did order the crystal blinker side lights from a different site. It is:

http://www.autorice.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=797

The price came up just over $26 which includes the shipping. I thought that was pretty good. I got them because one of mine is broken so why not get these?! The dealer wanted close to $40 for the stock!!!!!!!!! These look better then stock..., AND you get 2!

I will let you know how the install went and I'll take a picture of my ride afterwards! Thanks so much again for the instructions! You're GREAT! By the way, are you happy with your reflectors and was it pretty much "plug and play" or did you have to do modifications?
I just looked at those turn signals you posted. They look to be the matching ones for the Chrome Projectors. That is a pretty decent price. However DTMwerks is getting them in, in a month or so and I would wait to see their pricing. Also the guy on ebay is getting them in as well. Wait to see his pricing as well.

Check this link for turn signals, this one actually says Chrome Projector style, http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=4343

Reflectors? You mean current turn signals? Yes I am, but once I get these will be selling them to someone. And my sidemarkers I am happy with too, because they came with the car.

Old 10-15-2006, 12:37 PM

FYI, drrtydevil, from Ebay will be selling the Chrome Projector Style Turn signals for $100 SHIPPED!

Old 10-15-2006, 06:21 PM

Thank you for the tip on the turn signals. I will wait to see how much everyone is selling them for, but if drrtydevil is selling is for $100.., geez, I don't think anyone will beat that price! I hope he has a lot to sell because I'm sure there are a lot of people that want them. You didn't mention if the install of your E-Code lights were basically "plug and play" or if you had to do some modifications..., like to the wire harness, etc? Oh, about the reflectors..., what I was referring to when I said 'reflectors' was the yellow coloring on the side of the turn signals. I rather have it w/out the yellow and have it chrome.

I just love this Forum. I'm learning sooooooooo much!

Old 10-16-2006, 12:58 AM

Thank you for the tip on the turn signals. I will wait to see how much everyone is selling them for, but if drrtydevil is selling is for $100.., geez, I don't think anyone will beat that price! I hope he has a lot to sell because I'm sure there are a lot of people that want them. You didn't mention if the install of your E-Code lights were basically "plug and play" or if you had to do some modifications..., like to the wire harness, etc? Oh, about the reflectors..., what I was referring to when I said 'reflectors' was the yellow coloring on the side of the turn signals. I rather have it w/out the yellow and have it chrome.

I just love this Forum. I'm learning sooooooooo much!
The E-code's were just the headlamp lenses, not a whole assembly. All I had to do was remove the stock housing and remove the old stock lens and put the new E-code lens on and re-install. So yes plug and play. The yellow is only on the stock OEM turn signals. The E-code ones are fully clear.

Take a look here. This is a far away side view of my one E-code Turn Signal,

Here is a closer view of the other side of the car with the E-code Turn signal.

This is what we want to buy to match our Chrome Projectors. As you can see the orange reflector has been replaced with a grey insert.

Old 10-16-2006, 03:21 AM

Thanks for getting back to me. I think the E-Code projectors I ordered comes with the entire assembly because the e-bay ad said I'm bidding on 2 headlamps, not just lenses. Hopefully installing the entire headlamp won't be that difficult. I will follow the directions you gave me. Your turn signals look great!

Old 10-19-2006, 04:50 AM

I installed the projector chrome/clear headlights and they look REALLY good! It's a nice facelift! It took me about 1 hr to do each headlight. I took my time and didn't rush so I wouldn't break a connection or anything. Well I ordered some HID from e-bay and put them into the Low Beam. I drove around for about 10 mins before they BOTH blew out. I pulled the HID bulbs and and they blew. The bulbs were both shattered to pieces, only the metal part that you plug into the harness was there. What's wrong? It is because I bought some cheap bulbs (only paid $7 for both) or is it because there is a short or my new projector headlights have too much wattage? I put the stock ones in since that's all I have If the same happens to the stock then what can it be.[:@]

Old 10-21-2006, 02:14 AM

I installed the projector chrome/clear headlights and they look REALLY good! It's a nice facelift! It took me about 1 hr to do each headlight. I took my time and didn't rush so I wouldn't break a connection or anything. Well I ordered some HID from e-bay and put them into the Low Beam. I drove around for about 10 mins before they BOTH blew out. I pulled the HID bulbs and and they blew. The bulbs were both shattered to pieces, only the metal part that you plug into the harness was there. What's wrong? It is because I bought some cheap bulbs (only paid $7 for both) or is it because there is a short or my new projector headlights have too much wattage? I put the stock ones in since that's all I have If the same happens to the stock then what can it be.[:@]
It is because your using just bulbs. You need to get the whole system, Ballasts ignitors, etc...

Old 10-21-2006, 12:06 PM

Here you go.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:26 PM

BUMP

I would like to see a beam pattern. At night when it is fully dark outside, park about 10 to 20 feet away from something big and white like a wall. Have the low beams on and snap a photo.

Again I will post them up here for you.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:30 PM

Ok, I'll do that tonight sometime. The headlights have not yet been adjusted properly, so the beam pattern is going to look off. I tried to correct it, but oh well, it's a LOUSY job! When I had the HID bulbs in the projectors, it looked REALLY nice. But that lasted all about 20 mins! [:@]

Old 10-21-2006, 09:41 PM

Ok, I'll do that tonight sometime. The headlights have not yet been adjusted properly, so the beam pattern is going to look off. I tried to correct it, but oh well, it's a LOUSY job! When I had the HID bulbs in the projectors, it looked REALLY nice. But that lasted all about 20 mins! [:@]
Don't put just HID bulbs in your car's headlights.

Look at this picture, this is an HID kit. This is what you need to buy.

What do you see?

I see these items.

-Bulbs
-Harnesses
-Ballasts

If you dont have those tiny square silver boxes with the orange warning labels on them. The HID bulbs wont work right PERIOD.

Also look at this picture

If you don't have all those items, then they wont work right.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:17 PM

The so-called HID bulbs I purchased from E-bay look nothing like those bulbs. They look like stock H7 bulbs, it's just the glass bulb has a hint of blue to it. Like you said, I probably got the fake HIDS..., which is what I wanted to get. I just didn't think they were going to burn out in 20 mins. I'll probably get the HID kit one day, just not now. Thanks for the info!

Old 10-27-2006, 12:57 PM

C70girl, did you have any trouble installing your projectors?

I am having one hell of a ****ing time getting these to fit right.