Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Discoloration on leather (ivory) seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discoloration on leather (ivory) seats

I have a 2007 C70 with ivory leather seats. There has been some discoloring in the leather- yellowing with edge of discolor having distinct straight line. I took to dealer and the Volvo rep indicated that they had similar incident on another Volvo with same color (not necessarily a C70). They indicated that they may replace the leather. They are to call in the next 10 days when the rep comes in to look at vehicle. I am curious if anyone else has had this problem with a newer (07/08) Volvo.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18319/C3D19D7B5ED94A399A078839B12FA336.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2009, 04:16 PM
Default RE: Discoloration on leather (ivory) seats

i have a solution. lets just trade C70s and you won't have to look at that nasty, bad leather

Old 01-24-2009, 07:01 PM
Default RE: Discoloration on leather (ivory) seats

I also have a 2007 C70 with the Ivory Leather. I have not had any discoloration, but I have had the seat back leather covered on the passenger seat because it was separating "shrinkage" from the trim ring around the lever that flips the seat forward. My dealer replaced this under warranty without any ???.

Hope it works out for you!

Old 01-31-2009, 11:27 AM

I tried some of the leather cleaner on my ivory seats that i got from IPD and it cleaned them up pretty well. It didnt make them perfect but it got alot of grime off the seats and that helped with some of the discoloration. Now i just have to fix the cracks and tears in them....

Old 02-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Default Discolored Leather Seats in C-70

I have the same problem with discolored ivory seats in my 2007 Volvo convertible which I picked up in Sweden in the Spring of 2008. Straight distinct lines and blocks of yellow, in addition to yelowed blotches on the front passenger seat. It is obvious that there was a bad lot of leather that was installed into these cars. Who else has experienced this problem? It sounds like a class action suit if Volvo is not willing to replace this manufacturing problem.

Old 02-18-2012, 07:00 PM

I have a yellow discoloration along the top piping on the driver's side from the seatbelt rubbing. Sooo, I've now covered the seat....yuck...because the dealership tried to correct it and made it worse. Not alot, but it's about an inch and it annoys me. But it's definitely yellowed on the piping.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:54 PM

I too have yellowed discoloration on my cream seats and am going to my dealership. it's under warranty so I will try to get it dealt with by them. For a car of this calliber, there should be NO issues with leather folks.

Old 03-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Angry

Well, since my first post on my (at the time) new 2007 C70 I have dealt with these ivory seats..Shortly after my first post the dealer replace my rear seats. I had my front seats 'refinished' by a source recommended by dealer. Years later these seats look terrible, very similar look as the posts before me, blotch yellow.

On another issue..My car now has 160k miles. In December I replaced CV boots, control arms/LR, cam seals and they recently replaced timing belt for 2nd time and 4 new tires...about $2k into car. One of the serpentine belts just sheered and pc got in timing belt and jumped timed engine, $4k to fix so since December I have put in $6k in a car with 160k! I had a German repair shop do a couple of the repairs in December (Cam) and I believe too coincidental that a month later the belt broke but haven't had any success making case.

Any way, with all the money I put into car it looks like I will be driving this car for at least a year and would like to get the leather seats recovered. Does any one know if there are any kits or patterns for c70? I bought a new Honda for my daughter and had a company that put all new leather and looks great. There are many companies that have leather patters for different year, model cars. My understanding is with such a limited production on C70s that no one has the pattern in stock. If there is company that offers C70 pattern then odds are the cost would be near $1000, otherwise it would cost more..

Old 03-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by znguy
Well, since my first post on my (at the time) new 2007 C70 I have dealt with these ivory seats..Shortly after my first post the dealer replace my rear seats. I had my front seats 'refinished' by a source recommended by dealer. Years later these seats look terrible, very similar look as the posts before me, blotch yellow.

On another issue..My car now has 160k miles. In December I replaced CV boots, control arms/LR, cam seals and they recently replaced timing belt for 2nd time and 4 new tires...about $2k into car. One of the serpentine belts just sheered and pc got in timing belt and jumped timed engine, $4k to fix so since December I have put in $6k in a car with 160k! I had a German repair shop do a couple of the repairs in December (Cam) and I believe too coincidental that a month later the belt broke but haven't had any success making case.

Any way, with all the money I put into car it looks like I will be driving this car for at least a year and would like to get the leather seats recovered. Does any one know if there are any kits or patterns for c70? I bought a new Honda for my daughter and had a company that put all new leather and looks great. There are many companies that have leather patters for different year, model cars. My understanding is with such a limited production on C70s that no one has the pattern in stock. If there is company that offers C70 pattern then odds are the cost would be near $1000, otherwise it would cost more..

There is a upholstery shop near me that does boats seat upholstery, real nice work! I am having them redo mine with better padding. Try to find the same type shop.