Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

HAUNTED 2004 c70 help!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HAUNTED 2004 c70 help!

I've been to a volvo dealership, and 3 different repair shops about these issues, not one has been able to give me a definite fix. Was having problems with my alternator, car would just shut off if I wasn't giving it any gas, or any big electrical pull, convertible top, rolling all the windows up/down(especially if the windows were all the way up or down it'd instantly turn the car off) Or if I turned my vents on high. Had my alternator replaced, problems still persisted, but only sometimes. Took it to another repair shop, had it looked at, for broken window regulator and about the power issues, they told me to replace the battery so did that, problems still persisted. Then a few new issue came up. The car would NOT stay started, and sometimes I would lose all power to everything for acouple minutes, or until I opened the door back up...

The day that the car not staying started unless I fed it gas, but would immediately turn off the second I stopped, I got it started and stayed started, drive it to the dealership that second and dropped it off. They told me I should replace my alternator/battery, (which I had already done) So I told them that, they tested everything and everything was fine.

The second new issue, with the car losing all power sometimes, I haven't been to the shop yet but I'll get in the car, lights from the door being open turn on, insert key, turn to start ignition, and ALL lights will turn off, try turning the key again, nothing turns back on, open the door, the lights stay off for acouple seconds, then they'll come back on, or I just wait a few minutes and the power will come back. Very frustrating when you're in a hurry.

Every once and awhile the car WILL just turn off while driving, but It'll start right back up with no issues and won't do it again.

NEWEST ISSUE: The stock CD player while playing CDs or tapes, all of the speakers would stop working except the drivers side, but when playing radio it'd work fine. Went to a store, had new radio put in, had to get a second amp put in for some of the speakers so they'd still work. About a week later the drivers side speakers work, but they don't get very loud, and they also have lots of engine noise coming through them (I've always had engine noise coming through them but now with the new amp on the passenger side they don't get it but haven't had the speakers not getting very loud until the new CD player) BUT eventually the speakers will kick in at normal volume, and the engine noise will disappear.

Any and all help would be appreciated, I'm tempted to have the dealership put in the alternator, and not a local repair shop, but I really don't want to have the same problems occur after I replace an alternator for a second time in a year...

Old 01-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you might have an open ground somewhere in your electrical system. It will take time but I think a check from the alternator back will find you a grounding power wire.