Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

immobilized - I am lost!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 02:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default immobilized - I am lost!

My 2006 c70 got its intake valves slightly bent when the timing belt slipped a bit after another belt broke and got entangled. So - I took it down to the head inspected piston crowns, etc..I put it back together with a new main seal, camshaft seals, new intake valves and so on. I am quite careful doing this work.

Weeks earlier I took the cam cover off and examined various things and got it back together. The engine cranked right up and ran quite rough. I was able to drive it for a coffee and back but when I put a compression gage on it, it showed me a number of cylinders with no compression. I should have checked the compresssion first but did not. doy yea!

This time after replacing the valves, cam cover, setting timing and so on.....I am getting a immobilization warning and the car won't crank at all. Humpf.... I said to myself. I have read so much about key tricks etc, etc. and suggested methods to clear through this error. Nothing worked.

I used three different OCD2 meters and all showed the same error: can not connect. Tested with volvtage sensor - None of the pins had power to them.

I cleaned the connections at the inboard under dash fuse panel with electroclean.
Upon checking every fuse under the dash, I found that two 7.5 amp fuses had no power to them. Right high beam and left high beam/auxillary lights.

In the engine compartment the following fuses had no power to them: nos. 32 through 36 - fuel injectors,heated oxygen sensor and vacuumm pump, ignition coils, engine control module and climate unit pressure sensor, engine sensor valves, a/c relay and lastly no 36 -indicated engine control module, throttle sensor.

I have gone over the engine compartment electrical connections several times - none appeared unplugged or loose. Since I can't get power to my ocd2 reader connections I can neither reset the faults that may exist or know what they are.

I am very certain its not my fobs (batteries replaced). Also I hear and feel the steering wheel lock when a put in a key. I don't understand why the engine control module is refered to as such when it is primarily a fuse box, can someone splain please.

What feeds the fuses 32-36 in the engine compartment and where does the high beam lights get their power from?

I sure would appreciat and pointers on what to look at next. In the inboard fuse box I wasn't able to remove all the multi -pin connectors. But any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ken Olsen

safeships@gmail.com

Old 06-01-2023, 04:08 PM
Received 599 Likes on 565 Posts

Have you tried to lock and unlock the car?

Old 07-02-2023, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes - I've tried all the various recommendations. Thanks!