Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

multipl issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multipl issues

i'm new to this board.....maybe someone can advise me....set me straight......i have a few issues which are killing me and my relationship with my car[sm=boohoo.gif]...........and on top of them, i fear a new clutch in my future just cause of my mileage.

1st major issue:

after fixing my non-cooling a/c in summer (for almost $2000), i persistently believed something not right with the fan system....of course, my dealer has blown me off numerous times saying there is nothing wrong............recently, defogger stopped working while on highway and could not clear windows and had to peer out of very bottom of windshield (a bit dangerous) (and of course we opened the windows but it was raining out)[]

took it to volvo, nothing found wrong with defrost.......since that last visit, it seems things have become a little more clear to me........i like it hot in my car when it starts to get cool.....i put the temperature up to max to start, and lower it as it suits me........however, when i have the temp high, despite fact completely warmed up and equilibration has occurred between inside and out, the windows completely fog up.....i have noticed that the air being circulated is moist and perhaps therein lies the problem (humid or not)(cold or not).........so when it fogs up completely, i turn setting to defrost and it eventually clears........

however, i have had this car for 7 years (2000 c-70) and i never had this problem before the a/c repair........if i lower the temp below the max, sometimes the fan stops blowing even set at 82 degrees...........and it is actually cool in the car.

so, questions: could there be some kind of leak? my husband says maybe it's the heater core that has a micro-leak or some other kind of leak that allows moist air in....

any ideas or suggestions? i am getting so fed up with it that i am almost tempted to consider a new car although i prefer to fix this one and keep it as long as i can....

2nd major issue:

i also have a problem with my sunroof and a noise when it rains....i've seen some mention of this on this website, but the question is, what can one actually do to rid oneself of this klug-klug noise that comes when it rains?? any permanent solutions?

3rd issue:

window noise coming from who knows where according to my dealer who says he taped the right front window near mirror and worked his way around taping eveywhere till he could get rid of noise...........after taping the whole right side he said now noise coming from left side.........i've never heard noise from left.........any chance sunroof and window noise related? any suggestions for this????

thanks to all for any input........i feel i'm about to lose my mind with these 3 persistent problems which are refractory to my dealers' efforts (whatever efforts they actually made) (i think they don't really do anything except wait for a couple of weeks to pass by while i'm in a loaner and then proclaim nothing wrong) (i am grateful to have a loaner but i'd rather be in my own car, ofcourse)

Old 12-29-2006, 10:15 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: multipl issues

1. Very possible leaking heater core. Or a Misadjusted motor.

2.There was a bulletin to add A piece of hose to each sunroof drain and make it lower so air won't travel up the lines and make the noise you hear.

3.Sounds like you might have a Window regulator going bad. Or a Mirror bracket that is bent.

Old 01-21-2007, 10:03 PM

here is a follow up to my multiple issues............

the dealer laughed when i suggested that it might be the heater core........however they did check it out and it was okay.........there was a failure code for the temperature sensor in the passenger compartment and they replaced it ............then they got a failure code for the recirculation dampening motor (blend door motor?).................and they replaced that...........then they could not recalibrate things but eventually figured out the technicality holding things up............it appears to have fixed the problem although i am vigilantly monitoring the temperature, etc............

as for the sunroof noise, they scoffed at that also and said there was never a bulletin regarding the sunroof for the c70...it was for another model............of course, they could find nothing wrong.........they mentioned another customer having the same problem with no resolution as well......

finally, the wind noise i don't think they even looked into it again

anyway...............thanks again for the advice and opinions............it's great having this board as a resource.............

Old 01-22-2007, 11:58 AM

Dude sounds more like you need to get another Dealer.