Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Projector headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 03:01 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Projector headlamps

Tech, I ordered a set of the projector headlamps from the ebay vendor, Auto Lamps Plus. That is the entity that sent the notice to the Forum that he had black and chrome units for sale. Now for the question: Do you have a set of instructions that you can post that would lead me through the process of removing the old lamps and installing the new ones?

Reg

Old 12-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Projector headlamps

You have a 70 series Volvo right? Not an 850?

It really doesn't matter, but the install is so easy.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:45 PM

If we did a little research we would have found this.

https://volvoforums.com/m_38703/tm.htm

Last writeup in the thread. Take a look.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:55 PM
reg

ORIGINAL: S70driver

If we did a little research we would have found this.

https://volvoforums.com/m_38703/tm.htm

Last writeup in the thread. Take a look.
Now let's not be sarcastic s70. Thanks, I found your posting and see that it will be no problem. I have "factory' projector lamps in three of my autos but the c70 is a 2002 and projectors were not available.

R.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:18 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

It will take you about 30 minutes to do. No biggie.

Old 12-30-2006, 08:53 PM
reg

Thanks TECH. I was out of town when I ordered the lamps and so did not have the Volvo to look at. I am home for a couple of days and took a look under the hood and can see that it is going to be a snap to change out the units. It looks like all that will be necessary is to aim the lamps once they are in. Happy New Year to you and I hope 2007 will be a good year for you and you can get your Mustang sorted out the way you want it!

REG

Old 12-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Happy New year to you as well.
Im hoping to get the stang going pretty soon. Have to clean the Garage out very soon to get started.
I just bought this to for the Cowl. It will replace a black grill that is there now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/853/AE03C29BE19549EDBA9606A63C093881.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2006, 02:36 AM

ORIGINAL: reg

Thanks TECH. I was out of town when I ordered the lamps and so did not have the Volvo to look at. I am home for a couple of days and took a look under the hood and can see that it is going to be a snap to change out the units. It looks like all that will be necessary is to aim the lamps once they are in. Happy New Year to you and I hope 2007 will be a good year for you and you can get your Mustang sorted out the way you want it!

REG
As far as alignment goes, you going to want to use this if you do it yourself. http://danielsternlighting.com/tech/aim/aim.html

Or go to a local shop that does it and have it done for $20.00

Old 12-31-2006, 02:02 PM
reg

Thanks Rob but for 46 years I have been aiming head lamps on my garage door. Works perfectly for both elevation and windage.

r.

Old 12-31-2006, 02:07 PM
reg

ORIGINAL: tech
............and now for a bit of fibre glassing...........
That will look good. Years ago I glassed in a Hurst 442 hood (scoops) back wards, relieved the Vette hood, painted the sides black and not only did it relieve pressure under the hood and cool the engine compartment, but it looked great on the 1972 Vette!

Reg

Happy New year to you as well.
Im hoping to get the stang going pretty soon. Have to clean the Garage out very soon to get started.
I just bought this to for the Cowl. It will replace a black grill that is there now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/853/AE03C29BE19549EDBA9606A63C093881.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-31-2006, 02:14 PM

Thanks Rob but for 46 years I have been aiming head lamps on my garage door. Works perfectly for both elevation and windage.

r.
Well FYI these are not DOT standard beam patterns. These are an ECE pattern beam pattern that the projectors produce.

You may want to look at it.

Old 01-01-2007, 05:54 PM
reg

I'm with you Rob. Believe me, one can aim them on a brick wall or the garage door. I have a set of CIBIE's on a German auto............those are a challenge but can be done. Happy New Year to you!

r.

Old 01-04-2007, 09:00 PM
reg

TECH, the projector lamps came to-day..............perfect as this noon I just returned from N.J.. They were a snap to install and just as easy to aim. I purchased these from "AUTOLAMPSPLUS" who sells on Ebay. The price was terriffic and the packaging was perfect. You may recall that this was the individual (autolampsplus) that sent an email to the forum. I would reccommend this Ebayer for those who are looking for a set of projector lamps for their Volvo.

REG

Old 01-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the update!!
I will have to see if he carries some for my Stang.

Where in N.J. were you?

Old 01-04-2007, 10:58 PM

Post pictures.

Did you get the turn signals too?

I am waiting for the ones without the orange reflector.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:26 PM
reg

First to TECH. I was in Newark and will be back for the second week of trial Sunday. Wonderful city, two murders in the first two days!! The two weeks prior to Christmas I was in Camden.........another hot tourist spot!!

S70, no I did not get the turnsignals, The Ebayer that sold me the lamps does sell the clear side lenses. I simply wanted the better light output. I had the Sylvania bulbs in the original lamps and they were a huge improvement but still not as good as the projector (original equipment) that I have on one German and two Japanese autos. The HID conversions are rift with issues that I did not want to deal with and so the projectors were an obvious choice. Now as to pictures, my bride has the digital camera that she has yet to figure out how to use. It is now two years old............ I am a dyed in the wool 35mm fan and so have never used the digital format. Sort of tells you of my age!

R.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:45 PM

First to TECH. I was in Newark and will be back for the second week of trial Sunday. Wonderful city, two murders in the first two days!! The two weeks prior to Christmas I was in Camden.........another hot tourist spot!!

S70, no I did not get the turnsignals, The Ebayer that sold me the lamps does sell the clear side lenses. I simply wanted the better light output. I had the Sylvania bulbs in the original lamps and they were a huge improvement but still not as good as the projector (original equipment) that I have on one German and two Japanese autos. The HID conversions are rift with issues that I did not want to deal with and so the projectors were an obvious choice. Now as to pictures, my bride has the digital camera that she has yet to figure out how to use. It is now two years old............ I am a dyed in the wool 35mm fan and so have never used the digital format. Sort of tells you of my age!

R.
If you bought them from AutoLampsPlus he doesn't have the clear turn signals. He has the ones with the ORANGE reflector in them, which I don't want. DTMwerks sells the ones without the orange reflector.

Old 01-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Got to love NEWARK!!! LOL Never want to go there again.
I know how that is grew up not all that far from it.

Camden is a little better but still not top of my list.

Im more for Northern Jersey.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the praise!! And also for posting on the forum, to let everyone knowabout the projector head lights. If you need any other parts just let us know. Thanks again. Autolampsplus

Old 01-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So since these aren't OEM how is the light production? Has anyone done HID's in them?

Quick Reply: Projector headlamps