Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

TRACS or NO TRACKS - that is the question

Old 10-16-2006, 03:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRACS or NO TRACKS - that is the question

I was told I need to replace my current ABS module with a rebuilt one for my 2001 Volvo C70 2.3 HT. How can I tell if I need an ABS module for TRACS or if I get one with NO TRACS? Also there is someone selling rebuilt ones on e-bay. In order to purchase from him, I will need to remove my ABS Module and ship it to him. He will rebuild and ship it back to me. My mechanic said not to do that because my brakes will not be power brakes. He said they will work, but I will have to slam on the brakes to stop. Because he said this, I rather just buy a rebuilt ABS module but before I do that, I need to know which one to order. Is what my mechanic said true? Has anyone driven their C70 w/out the ABS module? I constantly have my ABS module and BRAKE lights come on, at the same time. They usually come on together and mins later go off together but there are times where just the ABS light comes on alone.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:31 PM
Administrator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
Default RE: TRACS or NO TRACKS - that is the question

Quiestion 1 it should have TRACS do you have a TRACS light when you turn the key on?
Also you could get the Part # off the old one and have them Match it up.

Quiestion 2 He is wrong the only things that will happen is NO ABS which means if you have to hit the brakes hard they will lock up. But if the ABS light is on when you are driving with it still in there it will be the same thing.

Also the Speedo might not work.

Old 10-17-2006, 03:50 AM

No, I do not have a TRACS light that comes on my dash..., and I was told by my mechanic today I do not have TRACS. I asked him again about taking my module off and me driving it and mailing mine in to get fixed and he said I can't drive like that. Geezzz! Everyone keeps telling me what you are saying so I should just remove it..., but then I chicken out. I think I will just buy one and then still have mine rebuilt. It wouldn't hurt anything and I can't get anything for it if I sold a broken abs module! It's worth more to me to fix it and keep it as a backup. Currently right now my speedo stops working. It will work for 2 mins, stop working for about 10 mins..., and back and forth it goes. I currently can't see how fast I'm going and you can't see the mileage on the car. I need to get it fixed. Do you know any sites where I can purchase a rebuilt with no TRACS and also a NEW ONE with no TRACS so I can compare prices?

Old 10-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Administrator
Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Check E-bay.
Also if you want someone elses opinon about removing it contact this guy who rebuilds them.
http://home.earthlink.net/~vicrocha/...vo_V70_ABS.htm

Old 10-18-2006, 01:49 AM

Thanks for the tip!