Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Water in my convertible

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in my convertible

I own a 99 C70 with 125k on the clock. I have owned this car for about a month and I am in the process of exorcising the demons and gremlins.

When turning corners I hear water sloshing around the back of the vehicle. Web research tells me it is most likely collecting in the convertible boot which has four drains, two of which are subject to clogging. The first and most obvious place to check would be in said boot, but my top is inoperable - a project likely requiring a large infusion of lottery size funds - I have 2.5 questions.

1) Can I use the manual top closing method in reverse, and if so will it cause further damage?

2) Is there another access point or method for clearing these drains?

Any suggestions toward fixing the top other than visting that Volvo Valhalla otherwise known as the dealer would be most welcome

Old 03-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To get to the hood storage compartment is easy, simply release your finger on the roof button when the window part opens up. I have done this to clean my storage area. Then press and hold to complete the cycle.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy to see this post. I have a 19999 C70, 163 K miles with the same issue. The top got stuck an inch open So last Summer I had it closed by the dealer. The convertible switch is totally disabled. I have bought a new convertible module as the original one was killed by water. I need a solution to Swamp colliers questions. I have thought about manual opening, but a bit scared the key might snap.

And Swamp collie, I called them gremlins too. And, no lottery prizes for dealer visit or upgrade. Any thoughts or suggestions? Swamp collie, did u get yours fixed?

Originally Posted by swampcollie
I own a 99 C70 with 125k on the clock. I have owned this car for about a month and I am in the process of exorcising the demons and gremlins.

When turning corners I hear water sloshing around the back of the vehicle. Web research tells me it is most likely collecting in the convertible boot which has four drains, two of which are subject to clogging. The first and most obvious place to check would be in said boot, but my top is inoperable - a project likely requiring a large infusion of lottery size funds - I have 2.5 questions.

1) Can I use the manual top closing method in reverse, and if so will it cause further damage?

2) Is there another access point or method for clearing these drains?

Any suggestions toward fixing the top other than visting that Volvo Valhalla otherwise known as the dealer would be most welcome