Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Xenon Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xenon Headlights

A couple of months ago I placed a post regarding our disappointment with our xenon headlights. We've been going back and forth with Volvo adjusting the lights, which requires a computer, and "tricking" the lights as to where level is located. After adjusting with the computer (tool), they then add washers/spacers to trick the car into thinking it's carrying extra weight, which effectively causes the on-board computer to raise the lights higher yet. This procedure doesn't work IMO.
In the Volvo C70 brochure, Volvo states that the bi-xenon lights will offer 230% more visual range, and at 60 mph you'll be able to see a 150 feet farther.
We can't see 150 feet sitting still! At best our lights offer 75 feet of illumination with the low beams. Maybe that's just it. Volvo is assuming we all drive around with our high beams on. If that's the case, then they're perfect.
Can anyone offer more illumination on this subject than Volvo?

Old 12-23-2009, 12:46 PM

Hi again.
I had mine adjusted after a few requests....but now they are set too high and oncoming traffic think I have full beam and flash me ALL the time...possibly more annoying than not being able to see where I'm going....oh dear.
Anyway, it's all irrelevant now as I had total gearbox failure at a busy junction yesterday and waited few hours for RAC to turn up and tow it back to volvo.....I think I have a 'friday' car.....

Old 01-11-2010, 02:10 AM

HID Lights HID Kits Xenon Headlights Kit HID Headlight Kits HID Conversion Light. HID driving lights are the perfect upgrade for any style of car you might have. HID fog lights also provide more coverage of the road that you wouldn't normally get. A lot of people think that upgrading with a HID Headlight conversion is difficult and the addition of xenon lighting is difficult, but it's not! HID headlights are an easy upgrade and really change the look of your car. Our instructions make the upgrade one that is not only doable, but a necessity for all of those looking for the best in aftermarket Xenon lighting. HID Light kits are made to fit your specific vehicle so there is no custom work to be done beyond what is required for all installs. HID headlights and HID lighting in general are an amazing technology. Xenon HID Lights really pay off in the end by giving you ample road coverage, making yourself and your passengers safer. If you have ever questioned the HID headlight conversion because you thought the transfer to xenon lights would be painfully difficult; worry no more! We lay it for you plain as day so you can have HID lighting without the headache. If you're looking to upgrade your ride with the latest in lighting technology, let us give you a helping hand with our state of the art HID conversion kits. All our Xenon bulbs are built from high strength materials that are built to withstand daily driving; whether you decide to do so or not. All of our HID light kits are made with the customer, the installer and the driver in mind. HID head lights are one of the first thing you notice when you're approached by a vehicle that is equipped with a xenon light setup. Now you too can have the same impact on oncoming traffic and animals as you approach them with HID fog lights or a HID headlight conversion.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 AM

The xenon headlamp bulbs are junk.For 50% better quility light try the silver star headlamp bulbs.The bulbs give better light out of the smaller headlamp houseings on newer cars.I have been useing silver star bulbs for over four years on my chevy cavalier now.I would not trade them for any other type of bulbs on the road for the money
=====================================
vending
kinderbett

Old 01-20-2010, 02:19 AM

You definitely need more than bulbs, but be careful on eBay. The ballast is essentially a voltage converter much like the coil in your ignition. The HID bulbs take a much higher voltage and take a little bit to 'charge up.' So initially they'll draw something like 10 amps, but will go down to around 2-3. A high quality kit shouldn't throw any code, but most will. BMW's have very tight tolerances

So to simplify an answer, you need:
bulbs (which are expensive, but last longer)
a ballast (for correct voltage)
preferable wiring harnesses
===========================================
nutrition counseling pregnancy
Geschenke Empfehlungen

Old 01-28-2010, 05:33 AM

Technically a high-intensity-discharge (HID) light, xenon headlights are named for the inert gas they employ to amplify light produced by electricity jumping between two electrodes. HID lights don’t use a filament, as do incandescent headlights, and they tend to last two to three times longer. They also provide much more uniform intensity. Aim a set of xenon headlights at a wall, and you’ll see they define a sharp line at the top of the projected light pattern rather than the gradual fade common to conventional headlights. HID lights produce ultraviolet as well as visible light, which makes reflective highway signs glow more brilliantly.
====================================
roof paint
wrought iron buffalo

Old 01-31-2010, 05:41 AM

the blue lighted housing is NOT legal in most areas....but u will have to check locally on that.....and Xenon bulbs are legal but......HID with transformers are not without a HID housing to go with the bulb......

but since those are sealed beam headlights they should b legal as long as there isn't a transformer needed to run them.......
=============================================

Making Decisions
best online business

Old 02-09-2010, 01:24 AM

no not in cali. I got pulled over and the cop said no blue headlights at all!
=================
ristorante pisa
Villa Begur

Old 09-26-2010, 04:46 AM

why you not choose oem xenon part ?

like this.