Volvo Recharge Models Discuss the XC40 All-Electric and the XC60, XC90 & S90 Plug-In Hybrid Volvos here.

XC40 XC40 Recharge Infotainment

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2021 | 09:18 AM
|
Default XC40 Recharge Infotainment

Good morning, Love the Recharge but frustrated by a couple of factors and wondering if anyone has solutions (I am still awaiting Apple CarPlay as an option to Google Play):
  1. Using Bluetooth for music files is all well and good but it is a struggle to go to different playlists- you have to scroll through the list. With my ancient XC90 I could at least click on the alphabet and speed scroll through the list.
  2. My vehicle has a hard drive- I'd love to be able to store music files there and access them instead of using Bluetooth device.
  3. Anyone able to load Pandora via Google App store? the numbers of apps seem to be woefully limited.
I know these are truly first-world problems. I've had the car for 7 months and am still awaiting these features.
Best Regards

Old 11-23-2021 | 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Rixvolvo
Good morning, Love the Recharge but frustrated by a couple of factors and wondering if anyone has solutions (I am still awaiting Apple CarPlay as an option to Google Play):
  1. Using Bluetooth for music files is all well and good but it is a struggle to go to different playlists- you have to scroll through the list. With my ancient XC90 I could at least click on the alphabet and speed scroll through the list.
  2. My vehicle has a hard drive- I'd love to be able to store music files there and access them instead of using Bluetooth device.
  3. Anyone able to load Pandora via Google App store? the numbers of apps seem to be woefully limited.
I know these are truly first-world problems. I've had the car for 7 months and am still awaiting these features.
Best Regards
I'm curious, can't you use a large flash drive as a hard drive for your music? I can in my 2021 XC60 T8. It works well and I can verbally ask the car to play "file X" on that drive. But normally, I just use Sirrus XM. I'm lucky in that many years ago when it was offered, I bought the Lifetime package. I've rotated it though many cars since then. But I can also use Pandora and the others as well. No shortage of options.

Old 11-29-2021 | 07:49 AM
|

Thank you, Cruiter- I'm going to play a bit more with trying to mount a flash drive- The car manual is pretty vague about these issues. I have several music stations that I play with Google Play that I enjoy. Sirius was just added to the XC40 T8.
Rick

Old 11-29-2021 | 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Rixvolvo
Thank you, Cruiter- I'm going to play a bit more with trying to mount a flash drive- The car manual is pretty vague about these issues. I have several music stations that I play with Google Play that I enjoy. Sirius was just added to the XC40 T8.
Rick
You should be able to just insert your flash drive into your USB slot in the console. Just copy your music onto the flash drive 1st.