Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

"Steering Locked"

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 10:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Steering Locked"

I have a 2004.5 S40 (the newer model) I have owned it since Oct. 04 with no problems until now. Went to start it in the morning, it wont start and message center says "steering locked try again". The steering wheel was indeed locked. The manual said to turn the wheel slightly hold it and reinsert the key. I tried this about a hundred times but it did not work. Also when I put the key in, it sounds like something is running in the front end of the car for a few seconds. The car is currently at the dealer by way of a flatbed. I have not heard anything from them yet. Does anyone know what this is and if this is a recurring problem on the S40. The car only has 14K miles on it. I really like the car but this seems like a weird deal. The flatbed driver said this is his fourth car like this in about a week. One Audi and the rest Volvos. Any help would be appreciated so I am armed with some knowledge when I pick the car up at the dealer.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:46 PM
KH
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Steering Locked"

Same for me! I had to get it towed home...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks