Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

2005 sound system quesitons

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011 | 10:59 PM
|
Default 2005 sound system quesitons

Hey guys, I have a 2005 s40 t5 and had a few questions I wanted to ask you guys before I go through with buying a new sound system..I basiaclly want a bumping LOUD sound ha. My sound system is really nice already, not sure if its stock or what! But they sound beautiful, just want some louder bass. I'm only 17, and work A LOT and am almost done paying off my car, then I wanna buy a sound system; its just something I would like to have even though my system is great already.

*I dont know much about any of the sound system so bare with me if the questions are dumb*

my brother had new speakers and a 14" sub in his jeep, sounds beautiful and very clear(can hear the words clearly but has a lot of bump and bass without a rumpling vibrating sounds covering the words). also my friend put a sub and idk about speakers in his old volvo and it just rattles and the bass/vibration just covers the words and all you hear is bass..will it rattle and have too much bass since my trunk doesnt have a opening my my brothers jeep cheerokee..or whatsup haha?

I dont know if my volvo had aftermarket speakers put in but the sound is pretty damn nice, is there a way i can check the speakers so i can tell you? and if its stock speakers and you all know how they sounds, would a sub and the stock speakers work good togther?

Is it hard to install with the volvo sterio system/anything extra youll need that you wouldnt for a average car?

What size and brand do you recomend, also what all do i need?

OKAY! sorry for all the long questions, thanks a lot guys

Old 11-08-2011 | 10:07 PM

If yours sounds good then I am guessing you have the premium sounds system. I have this system and it sounds surprisingly good especially after you play with the EQ settings. Volvo offers a sub but it is expensive to add. Mine seems good without the sub.

The stereos in these cars is a bit of a pain and it is limited what you can do. The system components are interconnected via fiber optic cables. It is also tied in with the climate control display. There are no pre-outs to add an amp.

However, upgrading speakers should be about the same as any car. You can add a sub by tapping the door speaker lines and running them to an amp with speaker level inputs (or use an adapter).
Stan

Old 11-08-2011 | 11:15 PM
|

so basically it would be easier and cheaper to just buy new speakers?
if i were to get a amp, sub, and all new speakers..how much do you think it would cost for a shop to install?
thanks bro.

Old 11-09-2011 | 08:10 AM

I am not sure what they would charge. I do all my own work. Unfortunately with 4 kids, i haven't had time to do anything to my V50 yet.
Stan