Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

Flange Adaptor for my s40 mk1

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flange Adaptor for my s40 mk1

replacing the turbo on my s40. bought an upgraded CX racing turbo from andy's auto parts. i hadn't taken my exhaust manifold and when i did, i found that the flange from the new turbo to the exhaust mani didn't fit. sonofabitch. so the first thing i tried to do is uncouple the old and new turbos and use the old housing that fit the mani with the new turbo turbine so it would fit perf. the turbine wouldn't fit. sonofabitch2. Took my mani and new turbo to a performance and fabrication shop to see what my options were. they told me they could make me a new mani, for 1600 dollars (hell no). so unable to return the new turbo because the warranty voids when you uncouple it, i didn't know what to do. Then BOOM (brain explosion), simple solutions: what about a flange converter!? perfect! except what the hell is the manifold output flange pattern???? its trapezoid like (fckn weird if you ask me[of course volvo{or whoever made the turbo}]) standard four bolts. The new turbo is rectangular (4 1/4in wide) and needs to fit the trapezoid mani out. If anyone has seen a converter that would work, or would be willing to make a quality one for me please let me know! I'm willing to pay as you'd be saving me alot of money!

Thanks Hubs

PHOTOS (from left to right)
1. manifold to turbo flange
2. new turbo in flange
3. an example of a flange adapter

Attached Thumbnails Flange Adaptor for my s40 mk1-old-flange.jpg   Flange Adaptor for my s40 mk1-new-flange.jpg   Flange Adaptor for my s40 mk1-adt-t3-t25.jpg