Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

Immobilised Volvo S40

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 04:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Immobilised Volvo S40

HI there to all volvo owners,

Maybe i am asking a stupid question but here it goes..
My car is a volvo s40 2008 which i bought on November 2007 and currently because of a surgery i had to do on my leg i cannot drive it... It havebeen immobilised in the garage for two months now and maybe in a month or so i will be able to drive it.
Will that cause any damage to the car? I have asked friends to start it one two times until now, but thats all. Should i ask someone to take it for a ride?
Today when a friend started it i have noticed that something kinda like water (maybeoil?)coming out from the exhaust. It started when he was accelarating the car and stopped when the car was idle. Is this something wrong or was it dirt and oil washing out of the car because it was immobolised for this long.

thanxs for your help.

PS forgive me for my english as i am not a native english speaking person...

Old 06-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Default RE: Immobilised Volvo S40

I have a 01 s40 and I also have immobilizer probs... there not bad and I can deal with it....
when ever the immobilizer light flashes just turn it to the off position and turn it back.... do this till the light stops flashing and then you can fire it up

Old 06-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Default RE: Immobilised Volvo S40

Maybe my question was not clear.. when i am saying the car is immobolised i am meaning that is i am not driving it and is stuck in the garage. And the question is if the car any car not just the particular model is not being driven for a while will that cause any problems to the car itself?

Regards