Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

Reduced engine performance - poor service

Old 04-03-2011, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Reduced engine performance - poor service

About 2 months ago I got this message and immediately took the car to Novel Ford in Windhoek. They tested the vehicle and told me it was the throttle body. After a couple of days after this was replaced they told me the computer still showed the same error and they now told me that the control unit needed to be replaced and quoted me on that as well as a wiring loom(according to them they normally replace this loom when a control unit is replaced) I bought this vehicle - S40 2009 model - on an auction and it was not under guarantee - the airbags and safetey belts was not replaced. I drove this vehicle for about a year when I got this error message. The problem is that it took Novel Ford 2 months to get the parts from Sweden. The Parts Manager admitted that he ordered the incorrect wiring loom and I now will have to wait another 2 months for that! According to the local agent Sweden do not stock this part as they never have a problem with this? My issue with them is why they do not want to accommodate me with a courtsey vehicle(THEY ordered the wrong part) and secondly can I really believe them that the wiring loom and the control unit is the real cause of the problem.(Why did they told me initially the the throttle body was the problem) I sent a mail to the DP of Volvo in Windhoek as well as some Directors on their board and Customer Service in ZA to convey my issues with this problem and the unwillingness of the manager to accommodate me in some way and have not had a reply as yet. One would think that a brand like Volvo would do better than letting a customer wait for 2(4) months for part.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:20 PM

Why didn't you just take it to a Volvo dealership for service to begin with? That would have probably worked out much better for you.

Old 04-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Sorry, I should have mentioned that Novel Ford in Windhoek is the official Volvo dealer.

Old 04-04-2011, 05:35 AM

Oh okay. Well then yeah you definitely received terrible service. Did you hear back from that email you sent?