Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2019 s60 water leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2023, 02:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 s60 water leak

I recently bought a 2019 s60 r-design back in may and have been loving it. That is until a while back started smelling some mildew-y type smell and started investigating. Found the floor behind the driver's seat wet. Then the seat and up the pillar. Figured the sunroof drain in that corner is clogged up but since it's a panoramic sunroof I can't get to the rear drain to try and clear it out. I took it to the dealer for maintenance and asked them to look at it but they're no real help since they want it for several days and if it is just a clog and not a broken tube it won't be covered under warranty. I just need to check whether it's a clog or not but can't get to the top of the tube and cant find where it comes out under the car. Can anybody tell me any info on these drain tubes please? I've been looking online forever now and cant find anything helpful.

Old 12-27-2023, 03:35 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm sorry to hear about this, but it's a common refrain among those who buy these cars. It's happened to me and many others on this forum. Taking it to the dealer may result in them wanting to remove all the carpeting to dry it out, and then maybe they'll find the Wide Angle Module under the floor of the cabin corroded and needing to be replaced. None of this will be covered under warranty, since they'll claim you should have known better, when in fact no one ever tells you about this in advance.

If you park outside, always make sure you park with the front lower than the rear of the car or else on perfectly flat ground. That way the rear drains will be rarely used. Keeping the front ones clear is easily done, but you may still want to opt for a car cover or some kind of protective cover for the sunroof if you're parking outside. The rear drain tubes should drain out behind the rear wheels. The technicians should check and clean all four sunroof drains when you take the car in for servicing, but most don't unless you ask for it.