Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bizarre sunroof-moonroof behavior

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bizarre sunroof-moonroof behavior

Greetings.

The sunroof area on my 2006 S60 filled up with a lot of water recently. It looks like it was caused by drain issues - since fixed - but the sunroof then stopped working. I opened up the cover in the headliner to hear a clicking/buzzing sound coming from the black box unit that the tilt/open switch runs to. Disconnecting fuse #7 caused the buzzing to stop. I then took that piece apart and drained a good deal of water out of it, dried it, and re-installed it. The sunroof now works, but in a wacky way.

When you slide the switch BACK - it opens normally, although the 3/4 open feature is now gone. Sliding the switch FORWARD produces nothing. The roof only closes when you push the switch UP, but then runs right past the closed position and tilts all the way up. To get it to tilt down again you need to slide the switch BACK. This is bizarre.

I've heard of a calibration method for the sunroof, but does this action sound like that? Did I fry the module when it got wet?

Thanks in advance.

Joey

Last edited by Joey; 10-18-2010 at 08:16 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joey - I too had and issue with my 2006 S60 sun/moon roof a couple of months back... When I tried to close it or open it I would have to hit the button several time before it would respond and then it was making an God awful clicking/gear grinding sound. (I have the 6YR/100K mile CPO warranty) So off to the dealer I went. The bad news was it was the module and they basically replaced everything but the glass (at no cost to me) and they had to "calibrate" it too. So you may have to seek professional help. The worst part for me was that it didn't leak before that - But it sure did after that, when they replaced the drainage tube in the R/H front "A" pillar they crimped the line and pretty much everything got soaked and they had to replace the module again, dry my car out and etc... I wish you the best.
DMac