Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Bragging Rights

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bragging Rights

Okay whos got'em. simple enough. I am hard pressed to hear some stories. Anyone run there car anywhere. I fully intend to run my at seabring at some point. I know my buddy wants a friendly drag, at the local drag strip, he has a Mazdaspeed 6. Times, trap speeds, anything you want.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:05 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Bragging Rights

How far are you from Orlando?

Sometime in the next couple of Months I plan on running both of my 850's out at Bithlo.

If I had to guess my one is pushing maybe between 250 and 260 HP.
The T5-R is at atleast 240 maybe a little more by the time I run it.

Also a guy from work with a matching Yellow T5-R might come as well.
He has IPD exhaust and a set of N/A cams in there.

We are hoping to get some pretty decent times when we run it.

Old 08-11-2007, 02:34 PM

lol yeah i live next to Orlando International Airport. Yeah speed world out in bithlo is where we are gonna drag. sounds like a fun time. will prolly need a few practice runs, cause im not used to my new car yet. and unless im on the ball i can be a bit slow on the draw. Im more of a corners kinda guy.

So i take it your cars would be faster then mine right. less hp and torque but im not pervy to weight or size of the car.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Administrator

They should be pretty close.
The R's are fast cars. I took one around the maitland interchange from maitland to 17/92 doing 70 MPH around the corner what a fun time!!!

Old 08-11-2007, 03:25 PM

lol well, i hold a my fair share of bragging rights and stories. I will admit stupidity and luck are involved in some. I will also admit back in the day i was an avid street racer. Hence my handle of TheSteelKnight. two claims to fame i have is i once drag raced a subie WRX STI in my MR2. Now obviously he whooped my rear at the end but for about the first 3 -4 seconds he had to catch up. GO MID ENGINE !!!!!. He was solely impressed that my car had about the same traction and grip as his AWD.

One of my famous tales was when i left my friends house in gainsville florida at 12:05 and then called him from my house at 1:35.

This was my trip.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...p;z=8&om=1

normally i just went from turnpike to 408 but i was playing with two cute girls in a beetle and they went all the way to I-4 so i had to back track some. Not my smartest move but, it was sure a hell of alot of fun.

I also got to qualify my Aunts Viper at the Virginia national speedway, at one of the Viper club of america get togethers. She loves her viper, but her and my uncle where only there to make connections really, neither are really huge driving enthusiast, they just like cars that get you noticed. But there good friend who was supposed to qualify and race the car around was arriving a day late, and i just happened to be in town, so i got to run some laps. Was very cool

Old 08-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Administrator

I bet it was cool to run it.

I once made it from Kissimmee by Old Town to Lake worth by West palm in 1 hour and 45 minutes normally between 2 and 2.5 hour trip.

Also from here to West Palm to N.J. in 16.5 hours. Normally about a 24 hour trip.

Not down for the street racing. Have done a few light to lights only. But thats about it.

Old 08-13-2007, 08:42 AM

Im not sure if i can brag about this, but my insurance and all my friends and family never seem to let me forget or live it down, soooo i might as well.

*cough* I blew up my 1996 Dodge intrepid about 6or 7 years ago. It litteraly exploded, and melted. I was driving it at the time. the Fire department had to come out and cut the hood in half. i have pictures buti would have to scan them.

I like to think of it as a freak act of god, buttttt, other people have other theories