Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

CarPlay/Android Auto aftermarket conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 11:12 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CarPlay/Android Auto aftermarket conversion

I recently purchased a 2015.5 V60 Cross Country and investigated aftermarket CarPlay conversions, and would just like to give a shout-out to the guys at Integrated Automotive and their product (integratedautomotive.co.uk). Their website does not show the V60 as compatible, but they tell me they are updating their website. As most Volvo models from the 2015-2018 period have virtually the same interior, as long as you have the right set-up, it should work. They request a photo of your dash and steering wheel to confirm compatibility.
If you’re reasonably handy, it is a pretty easy install. It does require taking apart the front dash console (which is actually pretty easy); they provide a new wiring harness that goes between the Volvo head unit and the car wiring - the only one small alteration is re-routing the optical wire for the back-up camera (no cutting of wire - just moving the one wire from the old harness to the new one). Then route the new wire extension to your glove box and plug the unit in - and you’re all set. It’s basically a plug-and-play installation - no cutting or splicing of any wiring whatsoever. You can plug your phone in via USB, or connect wirelessly (wireless connection is pretty snappy in my opinion)
They appear to specialize in BMW and Audi, and I think Volvo integration was new to them (Volvo comparability wasn’t even listed on their website when I made my purchase), and the first unit they shipped to me had some glitches (steering wheel controls did not work, OEM mic did not work for phone/Siri), and they went back to the drawing board, and shipped me a new unit at no added cost to me, and they fixed all the issues - steering wheel controls all work as does the mic. The only one minor shortcoming is the display of your HVAC settings when you adjust temp or fan speed - as that is baked in to the Volvo screen programming and they have not been able to crack the code to get those settings to pop up in the bottom of the screen when you make an adjustment (so you have to toggle in and out of CarPlay mode - long press of ‘exit’ button - to go to the normal Volvo screen).
I cannot say enough about the excellent customer support from these guys; they answered every email promptly (even outside normal business hours in UK time), and were very communicative in exploring fixes to my install. If you order, you’ll most likely talk to Scott - so tell him you heard about this from Stephen - I’m sure he’ll remember me!
It is a little pricey at 425 British pounds - but certainly less expensive than upgrading to a new car if you’re just looking for the new tech.
I am happy to answer any questions or lend any help on how my install went.

Old 10-17-2021, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting this I have a 2015.5 s60 and am interested in doing the same. Does the backup camera continue to work automatically when you put it in reverse if you are in CarPlay mode? Aside from the HVAC issue you mentioned, anything else weird that you have noticed? For the HVAC adjustment issue can you still make the adjustments when in CarPlay mode but you just can’t see the temperature or fan level or you can’t make them at all unless you leave CarPlay mode?

Last edited by MorrVolvo; 10-17-2021 at 08:19 PM.