Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Driverside Low beam out

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driverside Low beam out

Puzzled.. Changed bulb (twice) thought I may have touched it. Changed fuse.. Still no low beam? Should not be this hard..

Old 08-17-2010, 06:07 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MikeB28
Puzzled.. Changed bulb (twice) thought I may have touched it. Changed fuse.. Still no low beam? Should not be this hard..

first off the other light is on correct?? with that having been said it is quite possible that you have a short in the wire or the socket is bad or you keep blowing a fuse...check the fuse again! if the fuse is good the bulb my not be making good contact with the socket!! I had a similar problem with my old 960 were the light would go out, I would pull the socket out and move the bulb and jiggle the wire and eventually it came back on....I never really tried to figure out as to why this was happening because I eventually sold the car! It does sound like if the bulb is good and the fuse isn't blown then you have some type of wiring problem whether its a short or the socket that you actually put the bulb in the bulb IS NOT making contact check out the contacts in the socket and use a meter to test for voltage....hopes this helps!!

Last edited by patsfn2; 08-18-2010 at 08:15 AM. Reason: addition of information
Old 08-19-2010, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by patsfn2
first off the other light is on correct?? with that having been said it is quite possible that you have a short in the wire or the socket is bad or you keep blowing a fuse...check the fuse again! if the fuse is good the bulb my not be making good contact with the socket!! I had a similar problem with my old 960 were the light would go out, I would pull the socket out and move the bulb and jiggle the wire and eventually it came back on....I never really tried to figure out as to why this was happening because I eventually sold the car! It does sound like if the bulb is good and the fuse isn't blown then you have some type of wiring problem whether its a short or the socket that you actually put the bulb in the bulb IS NOT making contact check out the contacts in the socket and use a meter to test for voltage....hopes this helps!!

Correct left low beam only. Tired of messing with the wires/bulb I went to the dealer yesterday. Ten minutes later returned with the car. Service manager said it was a bulb. This morning driving to work the light went out. I seem to agree with the wiring or connection issue. Thanks. I will let you know.