Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Eibach Springs + S60R?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eibach Springs + S60R?

just ordered some eibach springs that will lower my care 1.2 inch front and rear and also ordered the new continental extreme contact dws. has anyone lowered there volvo?

I have an 05 S60R and was wondering if there were any problems that might come up from lowering the vehicle with the electronic system. I am a mechanic at a service center so i can probably fix most of it but i was wondering if anyone has done this and if so maybe some advice or warnings?

Thanks agian for all the comments. If you lowered your volvo show some pictures too

Old 09-16-2011, 09:35 AM

The job is done and the car went down about /5inch so far, i predict another .5 inch lower within a couple weeks as the springs break in. once the job was done (without the alignment) the cars anti skid system was disabled. Since i also purchased a front ez cam bolt kit and rear camber bushings in the rear i was able to align in all out and the anti skid system turned back on.

So for anyone considering performance springs, they feel and workout great even with the electrical stuff such as stability/level control and traction control. If you were to lower your car without the camber adjustment parts then you would probably be in bad shape but just make sure when you plan to do the job you go the extra step and by the alignment fix tools to compensate for the negative angles.

Car looks great, Rides much smoother. So im very pleased, this is my 2nd car with eibachs. Best suspension parts out there.

Old 09-22-2011, 12:48 PM

haha.. good for u. volvo spend thousand of $ on investing the DSTC & electronic suspension & there were one of the best. so disable the traction control... NICE!! oh BTW your AWD may not work now too. ha.......

Old 09-27-2011, 09:55 AM

Are you mocking him or what? Not sure what value your post is.

To the original poster, any issues yet? I was concerned how the shocks would handle the new springs.

Post up some pics when you get a chance.

Originally Posted by ibanez958
haha.. good for u. volvo spend thousand of $ on investing the DSTC & electronic suspension & there were one of the best. so disable the traction control... NICE!! oh BTW your AWD may not work now too. ha.......

Old 09-27-2011, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mopare
Are you mocking him or what? Not sure what value your post is.
There is no value to his post. He is either not to bright or just an ***. The DCST still works just the same, as does the active chassis suspension on the R's. Only difference you'll notice is that every setting is firmed up a little bit. Advanced is pretty harsh on bumpy roads but it's golden on the smooth pavement. And saying the AWD may not work anymore because of lowering springs is right up there with the dumbest things I've heard. There is a few things that will trash the week angle/collar gears, but lowering the car isn't one of them.

Originally Posted by mopare
To the original poster, any issues yet? I was concerned how the shocks would handle the new springs.

Post up some pics when you get a chance.
My S60R has been lowered for about 50k miles on Eibach springs with no issues. The struts and shocks handle the springs just fine. It's really not to aggressive of a drop so all other OEM components will be just fine.

The Exhaust bracket (if not removed) is the biggest concern on the P2R's when lowered. They hang low enough to get caught on on speed bumps and angled driveways. It can push the exhaust into the drive line and bend it. Upwards of $3k in damages can be had.

One thing you may need to do is do a SUM calibration after the car settles fully. It will effect the auto leveling headlights because the SUM will read out of alignment. Any dealer can do it. It's only a calibration and there is no software to install so it should be pretty cheap (.5 hrs of labor or so).