Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Exhaust Systems

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Systems

Hey guys i am looking for a nice exhaust system, not too loud but a nice throaty sound u know, and wondering what you guys have out there. the sound and performance, where you got it size all the general information would be nice. etc. Im not exactly sure where to get the best deal and wondering what you people out there have and think.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Exhaust Systems

Ok I believe I answered this before for you. However I will go over it again.

1. What is your budget?

2. Are you turboed or not turboed?

3. You can go prefabbed from sources like EST and IPD and Viva Performance and or have it custom made.

4. If your turboed are you planning a full turboback exhaust system if so I recommend 3" mandrel bent downpipe to a 2.5" mandrel bent catback system. If you go custom have them put a Magnaflow muffler or any other straight through design muffler on.

5. If your not turboed don't really bother, but if you have to then get a 2.25"-2.5" catback system with a muffler like a Flowmaster, one with baffles as NA's like back pressure.

Old 07-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no before i asked about the differences between mandrel and crush.. i have a 2.4t budget would preferably around 400-650.. and i was wondering how the power felt and sound etc. just the general stuff. ALSO i am going to get the Speed tuning ECU before i get would get an exhaust done so what would work well with it any any more input.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rob`s60

no before i asked about the differences between mandrel and crush.. i have a 2.4t budget would preferably around 400-650.. and i was wondering how the power felt and sound etc. just the general stuff. ALSO i am going to get the Speed tuning ECU before i get would get an exhaust done so what would work well with it any any more input.
1. I don't suggest you get your ECU upgrade before your exhaust upgrade. Why? Because if you did an ECU upgrade then an exhaust upgrade the ECU wouldn't take full advantage of the exhaust upgrade. So if you got your exhaust upgrade first and then your ECU upgrade then the ECU would take more advantage of the power that the exhaust upgrade will give you.

2. Since your a 2.4T you want to do a full Turboback system. This means from downpipe to the catback. A 3" mandrel bent downpipe will give you the most gains for an exhaust upgrade. And since your not upgrading to a bigger turbo you don't need to go to a full 3" catback system you will do just fine with a 2.5" catback system with a free flowing muffler such as a Magnaflow. One that is a straight through design muffler. If you go for a prefabbed downpipe for your s60 2.4T your looking at anywhere from $1,159 for a EuroSportTuning downpipe or $1,049 for one from Viva Performance. If you go to a local muffler shop that can mandrel bend your looking at anywhere from $300-$1000 for a 3" mandrel bent downpipe. As far as a catback system goes for a prefabbed system your look at, $795 from IPD USA, $749 from EuroSportTuning, $659 from Viva Performance (But theirs looks to be out of stock currently). And again if you go to a local muffler shop that can mandrel bend your looking at around $300-$800.

Now you don't have to do a full Turboback system but I would highly reccomend it. For starters the sound would be awsome. Secondly the performance increases from the downpipe will be well worth it.

Look on StreetFire and search Volvo to get an idea of what modded Volvo's sound like also there are some on YouTube as well. Again you will get the most power with the downpipe with a turboback system and then the ECU upgrade will be better then that. But it will take into account your exhaust system you have on there.