Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Expert Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Expert Help!

Hello:

I recently bought a 2001 volvo s60 T5 back in August. We took our car in on Nov 2nd to get a transmission flush done. When we picked the vehicle up that evening we noticed it had trouble swithching out of 3rd gear. I called the manager back and he told me to bring the car back so they can check first thing in the morning.

I called back the shop the next day. Upon further investigation the shop manager realized that they had put the wrong transmission fluid in the vehicle. He told me they would reflush the car and put in the proper synthtic fluid. When we picked up the car that day, he informed us that it ws still doing the same thing and that we should take it to a vovlo dealership to get a diagnostic on it. We received a invoice from him stating that he placed the wrong fluid in it and he said he would take care of whatever problem volvo found out with the transmission.

When we took it to volvo the diagnostic came back stating that a new transmission would be needed. We informed the owner of the shop and that is when he said he is not responsible for it. We took the issue to our lawyer and they informed us that we should get an expertise that could state the transmission could be ruined by the mistake that the shop made.

Volvo said they could not do it because of their lawyers, but every service advisors has stated to us that the problem was caused due to the shops negligence. I was wondering if you could help with a letter stating this or recommend me to an expertise that could. Like I said we have the invoice from the shop stating the mistake they made but the additional letter from an expertise would greatly help our cause. Thank you for any consideration or help with this matter.

Old 11-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Expert Help!

Have you tried searching Volvo info at their sites and see if it is stated there?

Yes installing the Non synthetic fluid could very well burn the transmission out.They are designed to run on the synthetic fluid. If regular fluid is installed it will burn it up.

Also check with a transmission shop in your area. If Volvo won't give you a letter then the Transmission shop will be the next best thing. That would be because they work on them everyday all day long.

Old 11-19-2005, 07:29 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Expert Help!

Your atty wants you to obtain the services of an expert. The expert will cost you more than the cost of a new transmission......you cannot obtain any more money than the actual cost of the replacement and so you will end up behind the eight ball when your atty takes his third. So.....................I am assuming the cost of a new transmission is well withing the parameters of your state's small claims court. The letter that you have from the independant shop is damning evidence and will allow the court to probably award you the cost of a new transmission. You will need an estimate from Volvo that itemizes the cost of a new transmission..........installed. File your claim and voila............you should be made whole again.
Reg.