Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Finally, proud new Volvo owner!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally, proud new Volvo owner!

Hey everyone,

I finally recieved my Volvo S60, and it's beautiful

This is my first car ever, and I'm glad I waited and bought a proper car! It's a 2001 Volvo S60 2.0T

I have some questions though. Seeing as how I imported it from Germany, the manual is in German, so I can't read up on maintaining it. What do I need to do to keep it running properly.

How about cleaning the leather seats, and the black metallic exterior? What kind of products should I use, how often should I wash it/wax it?

I'll upload a picture of the car

Old 06-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally, proud new Volvo owner!

My car. (still needs some washing and waxing ...

[IMG]local://upfiles/10417/1C00B8C82AD64C08A0B3C758B555C26E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to be the first to welcome you to the forum. Congrats on the new wheels. You can start your hunt for information by quickly registering at the volvocars website where you can get an online version of the manual as well as a maintenance schedule, etc. There's tons of threads posted about preference for washing and wax techniques. Here and Volvospeed.

Here's a link to volvo online:
http://www.volvocars.us/tools/OwnersInfo/
It only takes a few minutes to register (plus its free) and you dont have to fill in anything you dont want.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi and welcome.

As for exterior maintainence I would at least wash your car once a month. You know just water and car soap.

Now as for wax I like using Mother's California Gold Carnauba Cleaner Wax. This stuff is great. I would look for a wax that has some Carnauba in it. You should wax your car about 4 times a year.

Poilsih is also important. I use Mequiars Deep Crystal polish and like it a lot. Made for dark colored cars perfect for yours. Again this should be applied about 4 times a year.

Claybar system. I use Mothers California Gold claybar system. Works great for my needs and was able to clay bar my car three-four times before the detailer spray ran out. A claybar system removes contaiminats in the paint like little metal shavings you can't even see and other things as well. This should be done at least 4 times a year maybe more. Depending on what type of enviroment your car is being driven in. There are plenty of claybar systems out there, choice what you like.

Also a good buffer/polisher unit would be wise to get. I use about a $50 Craftsman and it works great. One that is an orbital kind is the best.

These are the steps you should take to cleaning your exterior.

1. Rinse the car off to get off loose dirt and grime.

2. Wash the car with a soft sponge and some decent car soap. Rinse the car off again.

3. Again was the car with a soft sponge and the soap. And rinse off the car again.

I say do this twice because some dirt might not come off in the first go over.

4. Dry your car now with a good chamoi cloth and or a microfiber drying towl.

5. Take your claybar system. Just read the directions of how to use it and do that to the whole car. Once that is done...

6. Take your polish and apply it to the buffer/polisher applicator pad, read the directions of both the polsih and the buffer unit. Polish the whole car. Once you have applied the polish you will polish it out with a polishing pad. Do sections at a time so that the polish doesn't dry to your cars paint.

7. Take your wax and apply it to the buffer/polisher applicator pad read the directions of both the wax and the buffer unit. Wax the whole car. Once you have applied the wax you will polish it out with a polishing pad. Do sections at a time so that the wax doesn't dry to your cars paint.

8. Once this is done take the buffer pad and buff the car to a high shine. You will be very happy with the results.