Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuel Gauge Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Gauge Issue

Hello Everyone,

I seem to be having issues with the fuel gauge on my 2001 S60 T5. It reads '0' or empty always with an exception when boosting, at which point it will correct itself momentarily, and drop to zero couple seconds later.
I was hoping someone here had a similar issue that could share with me what helped and how it can be fixed.

Not sure how relevant this is [perhaps the two are on a same relay?] but the turn signals also have a mulfunction. Though usually work in the morning without any issues, after few miles, I receive a message about the malfunction that the bulb has malfunctioned. Almost as if there is a hot wire somewhere. They still work, but blink at a much faster pace as opposed when they operate properly.

Any help os highly appriciated and anticipated.

many thanks,
Adrian

Old 11-07-2007, 05:16 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Fuel Gauge Issue

First of all welcome. Sounds like a malfunction in the sending unit of the gas guage. Not sure how to fix. Tech will have to give you the lowdown on that.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appriciate your comment and I will anticipate Tech to assist. Would you say the sending unit is in the gas tank or closer to the gauge cluster?

Is there a place [a link] where Volvo owners can go to see how to fix common problems on their cars? How to fix it with pics and directions?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

The sending unit is most likely in the tank.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:03 PM

the sending unit i've seen goes usually. there are 2 part of the tank(left and right tank)like a camel hump. Will need to use VIDA to monitor the tank sending unit if possible at the dealer.. there are 2 sending unit 1 at left side with fuel pump and 1 at left side stand alone (note when u drive the car hard fuel will slosh inside tank and make sensor move away from empty mark). The turn signal inop is different issue. If turn signal flash fast but dim check turn signal sockets. if it is gray in colour socket is used change it with the bulb and socket all together (updated version is brown socket).