Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Glovebox Door Sag.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 07:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Glovebox Door Sag.

Has anyone figured a way to solve the dreaded glovebox door sag on the S60? I'm assuming this is a common issue. I found this to be an issue with my 04 and also with my current 05 model. I noticed that the cord that supports the glovebox door only pulls from the back righthand corner and when the door is in the closed position, the lefthand leading edge sags and vibrates while driving. I wish the "U" shaped latching device was adjustable, I think that would allow the door to close tightly.

Not a major deal, more of just a......"why is it like that?"

Old 04-09-2009, 08:24 PM

Wow, 27 members have read my post and yet, I haven't received a single response. Maybe I'm the only Volvo owner that has noticed this issue. I'll have to take a closer look and determine if there is an adjustment that can be made.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:01 PM

I have an '01 S60 and I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. No answers for you though.

I assumed the sag on mine is more because it's old. Maybe if you lock the unit it stays more flush? I haven't tried that myself, just a thought.

Old 04-10-2009, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Mojo's Master
Wow, 27 members have read my post and yet, I haven't received a single response. Maybe I'm the only Volvo owner that has noticed this issue. I'll have to take a closer look and determine if there is an adjustment that can be made.
Sorry man, I think those that read over might not have enough experience to make a comment.I know I look over some posts to see what the issue is but don't have enough exoerience to help... Hopefully someone will be able to help you out with this issue, maybe someone else like I saw Cass60 put in some imput since she owns one. I wonder if the hinges are just loose form age? Be patient and see if TECH gives you any feedback as he works on most Volvos and sees them day in/day out in his shop! Good Luck in your search! I will try and lurk in other forums and see if anyone else has input..

Old 04-10-2009, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by CASS60
I have an '01 S60 and I was just thinking the same thing yesterday. No answers for you though.

I assumed the sag on mine is more because it's old. Maybe if you lock the unit it stays more flush? I haven't tried that myself, just a thought.
Originally Posted by Somthngfrce
Sorry man, I think those that read over might not have enough experience to make a comment.I know I look over some posts to see what the issue is but don't have enough exoerience to help... Hopefully someone will be able to help you out with this issue, maybe someone else like I saw Cass60 put in some imput since she owns one. I wonder if the hinges are just loose form age? Be patient and see if TECH gives you any feedback as he works on most Volvos and sees them day in/day out in his shop! Good Luck in your search! I will try and lurk in other forums and see if anyone else has input..
Thanks for the imput. I was beginning to wonder if I posted in the wrong area. I doubt it's an age issue because my 04 had the same issue and I purchased it new. I took a closer look and noticed the small spring-loaded string that helps raise the door into the closed postition is only pulling from the right rear corner. Seems like if it had been designed with a string on both rear corners it wouldn't sag at all. I guess it's just a design flaw. I'll try locking it and see if that helps hold the door flush.

Thanks again for both of the responses.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

There really is no fix.
It is a very poor design.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:25 AM

I've got the same problem on my 2004 S60...........haven't inspected it yet to see if there might be a way of fixing or at least improving it. Not that it's worth the money, but has anyone looked up the part no. and cost for just replacing the door?