Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

HID Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Lights

Hi
I have a 2001 S60 2.4T and just had HID lights installed, the problem is that I get the Dip Beam message. I called the dealer (the lights were not dealer installed) and was told that its because the computer doesn't recognize the lights. He told me there was no way to fix it and there was no reset for it. I find that hard to believe. Is there anyone else with this problem? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

I have a 2001 Volvo S60. I installed a aftermarket HID kit. I hooked everything up and it all ran fine for a couple days and I noticed after that the passenger side ballast burnt out twice on me. So I figured to give a HID relay kit a try. I hooked up the kit and now my car starts up stronger and feels stronger with the relay kit hooked up. I now have a new problem, I have a low beam dip failure message that will not go away. The little orange warning light right in the middle of the dash will also not go away. I tried doing the trip reset, and unplugging the positive and negative terminals on the battery and holding them both together for 5 minutes and nothing has worked!?!? Is it possible to make the HID's work with the relay kit? Up the amps, fuses? Does anyone have similar issues or think they might have a answer to this? ANY INPUT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU SO MUCH AHEAD OF TIME )

Old 03-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Read this.
BODY,.aolmailheader {font-size:10pt; color:black; font-family:Arial;} a.aolmailheader:link {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:visited {color:magenta; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:active {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} a.aolmailheader:hover {color:blue; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:normal;} http://www.hondaforums.com/index.php...D=28493Regards

That is for the bulb failure message.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 PM

Thanks for giving me the link but it says error every time I try.
Any other way I can view it? Can you copy and paste? Or is it to much?
Thanks for the help.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:26 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Old 07-01-2009, 07:10 AM

Ive got the same problem but I did not drill a hole into the computer module. Its as simple as getting different resistors that draw more current, therefore eliminating the error message. Its cheaper to drill the hole but personally I would rather pay the money for resistors so everything is done properly and you can be worry free.

Old 07-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thompson07
Ive got the same problem but I did not drill a hole into the computer module. Its as simple as getting different resistors that draw more current, therefore eliminating the error message. Its cheaper to drill the hole but personally I would rather pay the money for resistors so everything is done properly and you can be worry free.
"done properly" is not a phrase i would use to describe those. I thought about doing this as well, but I've used those capacitors before... they get really hot .... all it is is a fancy short.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:43 PM

Frank from Euro Sport has provided me with some new resistors that seem to work fine for me, no shorts yet.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:33 AM
Question

Hello, I was wondering if you could please explain on what you did with these resistors? Also what kind of resistors? I am still having trouble with my dip beam failure message. I do not really feel like drilling a hole either. My HID setup includes a relay kit, everything has ran fan with no problems in over 4 months now. My issue is the warning lights on the dash. If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Those messages get really annoying on the dash.Thanks in advance.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:33 PM

Im not sure what your HID kit looks like, but i purchased mine from euro sport, the ballast has to lines going in/out of it. One is connected to the ballast already and the other is a more rectangular shape with rounded edges hole where the resistor clips in. My Kit came with resistors but they did not keep my dashboard from lighting up. Frank contacted the company for me and they sent him a pair of resistors saying that they had an s60 in there shop and these resistors fixed the error light. If I were you I would call or email Frank at euro sport im sure he can do something for you, he provides great service.

Old 07-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Thumbs up

Im not sure what your HID kit looks like, but i purchased mine from euro sport, the ballast has to lines going in/out of it. One is connected to the ballast already and the other is a more rectangular shape with rounded edges hole where the resistor clips in. My Kit came with resistors but they did not keep my dashboard from lighting up. Frank contacted the company for me and they sent him a pair of resistors saying that they had an s60 in there shop and these resistors fixed the error light. If I were you I would call or email Frank at euro sport im sure he can do something for you, he provides great service.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply. The description of your ballast sounds very similar to mine. I was wondering if you had euro sports web or e-mail address? I think I should contact them. I appreciate the help!Thanks,Brian

Old 07-05-2009, 04:31 PM

www.eurosporttuning.com

You should be able to find his email address and phone number on there.
Best of luck with getting it fixed

Old 07-17-2009, 10:38 AM

Just so you know.....
When you get the new resistors you MUST connect them in parallel.

Old 07-19-2009, 10:40 PM

Just so you know.....
When you get the new resistors you MUST connect them in parallel.
To be honest I'm not sure if I am ever going to get around to doing this due to lack of experience with this kind of stuff. I appreciate all the help you have given though.