Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

HU display went blank for awhile

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 09:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HU display went blank for awhile

Just as I was driving my S60 yesterday, I noticed radio display (radio and CD was working just fine) becoming unreadable. It was still lit somewhat and you could see it was vaguely displaying something but nothing like a normal - "run across the screen" text. Turning the radio on and off did nothing, so did the turning ignition off an back on.
This morning I turn it back on and it works as before. I realize, it could be a fluke but with these cars I am wondering if it's a warning sign of something going bad.
BTW, my steering wheel radio controls never worked (last 2 month since I purchased the car) and I never could find the "steering wheel module location and or fuse in VADO.
Any ideas/suggestion - please feel free.
Thanks

Old 09-19-2011, 12:26 PM

Had a similar issue yesterday -- any thoughts?

After driving for about 3 hours, the display on our HU-650 began showing gibberishing (flashing, scrolling,etc.) and then ultimately turned off. Sound continued to work fine and could move between sources, just couldn't see what we were listening to. The unit was warm, but not particularly hot.

Any one experience anything similar and what was the outcome?

If I need to replace, could I easily upgrade to one of the other factory radios that support more speakers?

Old 09-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Former Sponsor

I had this happen to my HU in 04 S60. All that needs to be done is a HU reset, at least it fixed mine. Just remove the fuse of the HU for about an hour and see if it goes back to normal.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:04 AM
Smile Blank Screen

I had the same issue this morning when i started the car. I tried holding the power button for 15 secs but no luck.
Then drove to the dealer and he checked that there was a lose connection for the fuse that powers the screen. The fuse is in below the dashboard in front of the passenger seat. It was a 3 min job.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info - I've been living with this issue for several years. Not a real hinderance if all you do is hook your iPod up to the tape, but it'd be nice to get it fixed!

Old 01-03-2023, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by raindog
thanks for the info - I've been living with this issue for several years. Not a real hinderance if all you do is hook your iPod up to the tape, but it'd be nice to get it fixed!
Helo , I wonder if a solution could be developed for the very same situation, Which I experince in HU-650 radio of my xc-70 2007 volvo.
I would appreciate any solution for this very same problem. Radio and CD functions normally but LCD display does not show any information, just blank..