Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Just questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:29 PM
JP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just questions

Here's a couple of questions I'm wondering about. Nothing wrong with the car, just curiosity.

First, according to the temp gauge anyway, it takes a VERY long time for the gauge to reach mid-way. It's been cool here lately. So for instance, I'll start it, let it idle for a minute, go into town for some errands, come back home and the gauge will be still 1 or 2 ticks below the middle mark. My commute to work is 5 miles. When I get to work in the morning, the gauge will not even be passed the second tick on the gauge. Just wondering if this means anything or nothing at all.

Second, this is something I notice after the car has been driven for a period of time. A few seconds after start-up I'll hear a "click" from under the hood and the RPM will go up just a bit (few hundred or so). If I wait long enough they'll go back down. Only does this when engine temp is warm. Does this mean anything either?