Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Need help with disconnecting upper clip transmission line

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with disconnecting upper clip transmission line

I am trying to replace the transmission fluid the IPD way by disconnecting the upper transmission line at the radiator. I am having trouble disconnecting the upper connector. I pinched the green clip as explained in the IDT doc but the connector does not get loose even if I apply some force on it. Do I need to apply a lot of force to disconnect the line?
Thanks in advance for any tip
Al

Old 10-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes there is a rubber ring in the clip witch holds it tight and keeps it from leaking.If this is the first time you have had this off it takes a good strong Pull. In my car 03 The Tanys fluid flows from the Lower drivers side Rad port or the Upper Hose it self.I always use the Lower Drivers side Rad port .Just take IPD Hose with provide clip sliped over the Hose and slid it in to the lower port.Doing this allows the crap that settles in the bottom of the Rad to get flushed with each start of the car.

Old 10-13-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by MYS6T
Yes there is a rubber ring in the clip witch holds it tight and keeps it from leaking.If this is the first time you have had this off it takes a good strong Pull. In my car 03 The Tanys fluid flows from the Lower drivers side Rad port or the Upper Hose it self.I always use the Lower Drivers side Rad port .Just take IPD Hose with provide clip sliped over the Hose and slid it in to the lower port.Doing this allows the crap that settles in the bottom of the Rad to get flushed with each start of the car.
Thanks MYS6T. The upper hose is very easy to locate but where is the lower port you are referencing to?

Old 10-24-2010, 02:44 PM

Got the ATF flushed on 2004 2.5T this afternoon. I bought 14 quarts of Toyota Type IV ATF for $70 and I used the IPD kit. Disconnecting the upper hose was the most difficult part. Just pinching the green plastic connector and pulling did not work. I had to use a flat screw driver as a lever while pinching the green piece to get this darn connector out. The rest was very easy. The plastic hose that comes with the IPD kit goes inside the radiator side of the connection and was tied enough not to move during the flushing process. I flushed 2 quarts at a time making sure that I was putting back the exact same amount of new ATF that the amount I got out. When I check the level at the end it was perfect. After 14 quarts the ATF I was flushing looked clear red. All together it took me 1h and I really took my time. My car has 67k miles and while the old ATF did not smell bad it was quite dark. I am pretty sure it was never changed. If you know how to change your engine oil you will be able to do this.
Alain