Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

rear speaker installation?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear speaker installation?

I purchased a Loudspeaker kit (HT-482) for therear parcel shelf behind rear seat by accident on ebay a few weeks back (I needed a front speaker but I didn't read the full description before bidding) and I was wondering if I could install these in place of my current rear speakers? The good thing about the new speakers I bought is that they are the PREMIUM speakers with a seperate tweeter and my current set up is not the premium option. So.........

1. Will these speakers fit and connect to the existing connections?
2. Will I notice any improvement with the upgraded speaker since I don't have the factory amp?
3. How difficult would it be to install?

I think my current speakers are 75W and the Premium are rated at 100W. I have provided a link below that gives a description of both speakersfor the rear parcel shelf. The one confusing part for me is why the Premium speaker replacements cost less than the regular rear parcel speaker? Just seems a little odd......Please take a look and let me know what you think if you have a chance.

http://www.vlvworld.com/indexframe.h...ction_10_2.htm

I certainly don't need the new speakers but I can't send them back since I purchased them through an ebay auction. I figured I would consider using them before putting them in the closet to collect dust.

Thanks Everyone!

Old 05-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: rear speaker installation?

I installed them this weekend myself and simply followed the directions. The installation was VERY EASY and it took me about an hour and 1/2 to do the work (this was working very slow and even testing the speakers prior to installing them). As for the sound......I have noticed a little bit of a difference but not a lot. The sound seems a little crisper and I can tell a difference but not as much as I thought. The new speakers are made of a lot better materials and I am certain if the speakers were amplified a little more I would be able to tell a significant difference.

The next step for me will be the passenger front door speaker that appears to be blown. I think I may attempt this one as well. The one thing I did notice was that ALL the speakers seem to have a little bit of static noise. What would cause this? Is the head unit loosing a little power from old age?
Overall, for the amount of money I spent on the speakers I am glad I switched. The new speakers have given me a little improvement over the original speakers. Of course I didn't expect a huge difference since I still have the base speakers for the HU-613 head unit in the car without an additional amp.