Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Rocker panel help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 05:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocker panel help needed

Over the weekend I unexpectedly had to tackle some rough gravel roads in my 2012 S60 T3. Even though I navigated the road as slowly and carefully as I could the undercarriage got a few scrapes from bumps (Read: mountains) in the road.

This caused the rocker panel moldings (I think this is the correct part name as I'm not exactly technically savvy) on both sides to shift slightly at the back of the car under the rear doors where it meets with the side/wheel arch panel. With some pushing and pulling I managed to fix the left side. All it took was a push from the rear wheel's side towards the front. An easy trick with no actual damage to the car. When I tried the same movement on the right hand side, I simply couldn't get it back into place. There's no actual damage to any panels, screws or pins. The panel was just pushed out of place, and I don't want to push and pull too much on the panel fearing that I may break it.

So, if anyone knows the trick/maneuver to get the panel back into place, would you be so kind as to share it with me?

Thank you in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Rocker panel help needed-s601.jpg  
Old 08-31-2019, 11:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Volvo S60 Rocker Panel Removal

I have the exact same issue (slightly separated driver side rocker panel). Can anyone provide instructions on how to remove and reattach? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Gemwolf
Over the weekend I unexpectedly had to tackle some rough gravel roads in my 2012 S60 T3. Even though I navigated the road as slowly and carefully as I could the undercarriage got a few scrapes from bumps (Read: mountains) in the road.

This caused the rocker panel moldings (I think this is the correct part name as I'm not exactly technically savvy) on both sides to shift slightly at the back of the car under the rear doors where it meets with the side/wheel arch panel. With some pushing and pulling I managed to fix the left side. All it took was a push from the rear wheel's side towards the front. An easy trick with no actual damage to the car. When I tried the same movement on the right hand side, I simply couldn't get it back into place. There's no actual damage to any panels, screws or pins. The panel was just pushed out of place, and I don't want to push and pull too much on the panel fearing that I may break it.

So, if anyone knows the trick/maneuver to get the panel back into place, would you be so kind as to share it with me?

Thank you in advance.