Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

s60 down grade to Halogen

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s60 down grade to Halogen

Hey Guys - I guess most upgrade to the HID, but I am seriously considering downgrading to the Halogen. I have 167k miles on my '04 and the only issues I have on this car have been HID xenon related.

All I have is a cracked lens, and I do not want to pay the expense to change the whole assembly. I found a great video on how to change the lens out, but I cannot find a xenon lens anywere on the web. I can only find halogen lenses. I'm starting to think it might be cheaper to convert both of the assemblies to Halogen.

Has anyone successfully downgraded to the Halogen lights and/or does anyone know what is involved to move to the Halogen?

Thanks

Old 07-12-2011, 03:04 PM

Don't think that anyone has ever aspired to do that. Could just replace both of the units with aftermarket projectors.

I love HID's, so i would shell out a bit to keep them.

Old 08-03-2011, 11:46 AM

Ended up transitioning my car from the bi-xenon to the halogen. I saved about $1100 sucking it up and downgrading to the halogen. Everything functions and looks good. It was an easy installation... pretty much plug and play.

Only issue is that the computer thinks that the car is having headlight issues. I'm getting a warning message on the display. I'm sure there is a sensor or something that it is looking for that is no longer there. Does any one know of any software mod that can be done or anything else that can be done to trick the computer? The warning light is not that big of a deal, and again, I have about 1100 reasons as to why I will live with the warning light if I have to.. but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

I took it to a Volvo dealership this morning to see if they could run a software update or something on it. The tech at the counter was annoyed that I downgraded my car on my own and tossed a bunch of attitude my way. I guess he was mad that I didn't bring it to his dealership to have the work done. He made a call for me, but he was not aware of anything they could do. I'm sure something can be done... most of the '04 s60s are halogen anyway... there has to be something I can do to fix it.

Thanks