Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

S60r exhaust upgrade (2004)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question S60r exhaust upgrade (2004)

Hi there,

I have a 2004 S60R and would like to upgrade the exhaust system. I have looked at a few options and wondered if anyone had experience of any of these brands or has some practical advice for someone that doesn't really understand the subject.

I've had a look at the Elevate system ELEVATE S60R Sport Exhaust System | Elevate Cars and it looks like a good piece of kit. I spoke with Elevate and they are quoting for the system and performance software, doing a special tune for the exhaust. Excuse my ignorance but is the tune essential when upgrading the exhaust system?

P.S. I also have the ipd downpipe fitted at the moment and Elevate confirm this is compatible with their system.

The other brands I looked at were Jetex Jetex / Stainless Steel Systems / Volvo S60R From: 03> / Euro Performance Car Parts and Ferrita Avgassystem Standard Sport Katalysatorer Volvo Audi BMW SAAB Ford - Ferritas Webbshop Webbutik.

Eurosporttuning.ca also do a Stage 2 upgrade that includes tune, exhaust system and replacement filter. However I don't know if that's compatible with the downpipe nor if they deliver to the UK.

The one advantate of Jetex is they are in the UK so I wouldn't pay duty on the parts which is very expensive.

Thanks in advance, Julie.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure EuroSportTuning will ship to the UK, and there Exhaust will fit on the iPd DP. Not sure if you saw that EST has a sale going on right now that has the Stage 2+, including the, RICA i-Softloader, Intake kit & Cat Back Exhaust kit for $1700. That's a great deal.
I'm a huge fan of my Ferrita exhaust with the center resonator delete.
Here's a short clip of how it sounds with iPd's downpipe...
YouTube - Volvo S60R Sound Clip

Jetex is also a really nice exhaust system. IMHO, it's just like the Ferrita exhaust and too quiet with the resonator left in.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Matt
Pretty sure EuroSportTuning will ship to the UK, and there Exhaust will fit on the iPd DP. Not sure if you saw that EST has a sale going on right now that has the Stage 2+, including the, RICA i-Softloader, Intake kit & Cat Back Exhaust kit for $1700. That's a great deal.
I'm a huge fan of my Ferrita exhaust with the center resonator delete.
Here's a short clip of how it sounds with iPd's downpipe...
YouTube - Volvo S60R Sound Clip

Jetex is also a really nice exhaust system. IMHO, it's just like the Ferrita exhaust and too quiet with the resonator left in.
Sweet, cheers Mad Matt I've contacted EST and asked if they deliver to the UK.

Would I be able to fit this without a tune of my ECU?

Old 03-28-2011, 02:57 PM

I'd recommend a tune only so you can get as much performance out of your car as possible, and so your car will take advantage of the new and much freer flowing exhaust. Usually you're fine doing an Exhaust with no tune but most tuners will suggest a tune for the Downpipe. It's possible a car can throw codes with the downpipe and no tune to take into account of the freer flowing exhaust.

Old 04-01-2011, 03:22 PM

Check with BSR thats who EST uses for there exhaust. With you in Euro it may be cheaper to get it direct from them.BSR - Car tuning, Chip tuning, Diesel performance, Ethanol conversion kit

Old 04-05-2011, 06:11 AM
Smile Tuning

Thanks again for advice guys, really helpful to amateur like myself

So, I ordered the Jetex exhaust, apparently it's same as the BSR one, saved quite a lot of money doing that.

Anyway, I want to get a tune that will be configured (if that's the right term) to my ipd downpipe and Jetex exhaust.

Contacted BSR, Rica and UK MTE Distributor asking if this is possible. Not made it easy fitting two different brands but hey ho, hindsight's always a great thing.

Fingers and toes crossed someone can do me a custom tune!

Jetex exhaust getting fitted next Monday, the 11th so will let you know the difference

I noticed a huge difference with just the IPD downpipe, mainly the ridiculous amount of fuel she now consumes Time to think of an LPG conversion, given current price of petrol is £1.35 a litre in the UK and isn't likely to get any cheaper!

Last edited by supernaturalfan; 04-05-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:51 PM

The fuel will even out when you get a tune modded for you current setup. If you are really look for a tune IPD is running a group buy and you can save yourself some $$$.
Swedespeed Forums - Ipd group buy ECU upgrades - official thread
Join the site and get in on this ECU tunes don't go on Sale very often. You will be very surprised when (if) you get the car a proper tune. The change is Amazing