Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

S60R Purchase Experience: Noble Volvo Fredericksburg VA

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 10:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S60R Purchase Experience: Noble Volvo Fredericksburg VA

I purchased a "Certified Pre-Owned" Volvo S60R 2 weeks ago and already there are problems with both the car and especially the dealership.
I signed papers for 5.9% financing and the finance guy called me 3 days later tryng to get me to re-sign for 7.9%!
In addition, the dealership is so small there is never a place to park, and you have a good chance of having your car hit or dinged.
There is a perpetual traffic jam on all 3 roads surrounding this place, and good luck trying to exit.
The dealerships driveway is so uneven with the road surface you will scrape the underside of your S60R front end even if it doesnt have an aerodynamics kit.
I scrapped it twice exiting the dealership and the 2 salespeople who drove this car for 2,000 miles for the 3 months before I bought it scraped the bottom up to the point of the paint being ruined and deep gouges in the body.
Of course, I am still waiting for the "owe me" slip to have this repaired as was promised before I bought the car.
In order to schedule service, you have to give at least 2 weeks notice, because they have no space.
Loaner cars which are flaunted at time of sale require 2-4 weeks notice.
Basically, if you have ANYTHING happen that requires a quick response from Noble Volvo's Service you are screwed.
Last night I had all season tires installed, and the installer pointed out 3 rims are dented.
One rim is severely dented, while the other 2 are moderately dented.
This was supposed to be a completely refurbished "certified pre-owned" Volvo which had gone thru Volvo's vaunted inspection process to qualify.
Also, the motor oil is filthy despite being claimed to have been changed.
The glove compartment partially opens after hitting bumps, the "S" sport mode button's light is sporadically lit evenif you dont use it.
The hand brake wobbles, and the windsheild has a ding in it which I got an owe me slip for, but am still waiting for the the work to be done.
I ended up scheduling the windsheild repair myself and will have the repair guy show up at the dealership while the oil is being changed.
I will find out today if the dealership will replace at least 1 of the rims.
Stay tuned...

Old 12-01-2005, 01:14 AM
Default RE: S60R Purchase Experience: Noble Volvo Fredericksburg VA

YIKES [:@]

Old 12-01-2005, 11:35 AM

Once again, another unsatisfied experience with a Volvo dealer. This is happening more and more often because of their highly unsatisfactory service.

Old 12-01-2005, 07:11 PM

Volvo stealerships are no better this side of The Pond, VinUnleaded.

All we can pray is that the fleas of a thousand camels infest their underwear forever.....

BB

Old 12-01-2005, 09:33 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't you make a test drive prior to purchase? I would think that the hand brake and other issues would have shown up. What is the old adage?? Caveat Emptor.................but then again, you have a warranty. On a serious note, Volvo is not favorably know for even honoring the "original" new auto warranty. With all that aside, at some point you will have your auto sorted out and at that point you will enjoy the Volvo experience. It has been my custom to scrupulously pull maintenance on my c-70 and as a result, I have not had any major issues to deal with. When I mention maintenance I mean 5,000 mile oil changes with synthetic oil and a Volvo filter, annual transmission flushes, annual antifreez flushes, annual brake fluid flushes, are you getting the picture? I also have the infamous throttle body cleaned annually. It is a costly situation but the driving experience is then enhanced.
Reg

Old 12-03-2005, 01:53 PM

Here is an UNSATISFACTORY UPDATE!
The sales manager Marcus Taylor went back on his offer to at least inspect the rims and repair the underside damage his sales people caused. He was unprofessional and cussed at me because service agent showed me the service record Marcus claimed did not exist but does!
It showed that 3 months before I purchased the car, his own service people wrote up a steering issue!!!
Can you say from Bent Rims!!!!????

DO NOT buy a Volvo from this dealership!
I purchased a certified pre-owned S60R 2004. and it was sold to me without disclosling 3 rims were bent and the front spoiler paint and metal was damaged from bottoming out on the dealers crappy parking lot.
Salesman and woman drove the car for 2,000 miles bottoming out every day.
Marcus Taylor (Volvo Sales Manager) who promised to fix the underside damage as a stipulation of purchase now refuses to repair it.
Also, the car was sold to me with 3 bent rims discovered by meineke mufler when they were balancing the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S I purchased from TireRack.
Marcus Taylor the Volvo Sales Manager promised to have his service techs examine the rims. But when I showed up he refused, cussed at me, and lied to me because he was mad that I had obtained a copy of his dealerships "service report" which he denied existed pre-sale, which showed 3 months before I bought the car, that his own service people had investigated steering problems.
Oh yes, the sympthom of bent rims.
I have filed complaints with the BBS and the Virginia State Attorneys office for this and also that his finance manager Will Graves, tried to make me sign a paper for 7.9% interest, 3 days after I signed the original paperwork for 5.9% interest!!!
DO NOT BUY FROM NOBLE VOLVO in Fredericksburg VA.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:09 AM

Another update...
Here is yet another exampleof how this dealership does business...
Operations manager called me and told me my business is no longer welcome there.
I laughed and asked him if really expected ANYONE to WANT to continue business with his dealership, after the way they treated me?
Also, I reminded him that I had made the decision that Saturday at the dealership to cancell all business dealing withhis rip off of a dealership.
As I had cancelled my orders for the Aerodynamic kit and other items, and even made them take my car off the lift before they changed the oil.
I dont want these crooked con artists touching my car.
Of course his answer was just as unprofessional as his sales manager.
I ended the call by telling him to listen to this, and promptly gave him a dial tone.