Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

SRS-Airbag Service Urgent after removeing AC module

Old 04-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS-Airbag Service Urgent after removeing AC module

2001 S60 5T

The AC control module in my car was loose (top left cornor wasnt sitting flush with the raido) I I took it off to examine the cituation. I removed the entire module, unpluging the wires when I did. After puttin it all back together I now get a SRS-Airbag Service Urgent warning on the dash...Crap..

Any thoughts? The battery it unpluged right now...Can I use a code pulled to (obd2) to clear the code or am i screwed to the dealer?

BTW: If I have to go to the dealer for this im done, im tradeing in the damm car, done with Volvo

Old 04-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Default RE: SRS-Airbag Service Urgent after removeing AC module

Hey there!

You got the code because you didn't disconnect the battery BEFORE you started taking things apart. The code cannot be pulled by normal OBD2 scanners as it is an SRS code. Normal scanners can't 'See' this type of code.

I'm afraid it's a trip to the dealer! Unless you find someone who has the VADIS computer that the dealer will have to clear the code, there is no other way to get rid of it. Unless you decide to live with it........

Unless you have a very nice dealership, don't expect much change out of 80 bucks to reset the code!

Hope this info helps, post back and let us know what happens!

Cheers,

Richard

Old 09-02-2016, 01:21 PM

I have had a low battery icon appear for the last 12000 miles when I shut off the car and still have the accessories running, i.e. bluetooth phone, radio, etc. So I figured I would wait until I had it serviced for an oil change and have them check it. Each time Volvo has said it is fully charged and on each 100 mile straight driving trip the low battery icon appears AFTER the car ignition is shut off. So the car is asleep in my garage and 250 miles have been driven the day before. I pull out of the driveway and go half a block and DSR icon with wavy lines at the back of the car as if it were in a skid appears and a mile later that icon goes away and the oh my gosh SRS-Airbag Urgent service icon replaces it. I go to the nearest mechanic who happens to have worked for the dealership before he went into his own business. So he replaces the battery, but he is unable to address the SRS- Airbag icon. Two codes needed the special diagnostic tool and he refers me to the dealership. So they get it down to one code and it is the YAW module...over a thousand to repair and they have my car now. Do I say no I don't want to fix a car that has an urgent service icon? My car is a 2011 S60 T6 300 HP with 93195 miles on it. Up until last month when the AC compressor and the tires and the parking light had to be replaced, I never had a four digit bill. Now it seems this is what I am in for...As much as I like my car and I do like it...this is $4000 in 5 -6 weeks. That's a lot inasmuch I have serviced it like clockwork...whatever the manual said to do, I did. 5 sets of sports package tires...since I bought it. This sounds like a eulogy for my car...and we are going to miss you Volvo S60 but we are calling Hospice to take over by February 2017.