Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sunroof won't shut correctly

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sunroof won't shut correctly

2002 S60 T5. Sliding Sunroof/moonroof/whatever it is.

When I press the button to close the sunroof, it slides forward to the shut position, but then continues through the motion and raises the back open. I know that there has to be some auto-stop where it stops at the sealed closed position. The only way that we can do it now is to hit it little by little and watch it from the outside until we get it completely closed.

Is this a bad switch or something? Im I missing something?

Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 PM

Mine does this too, exactly what you are describing. It goes to close but overshoots it and ends up opening back up in the vent position. What a pain in the butt. Have to sit there and press back and forth until it's just right. Mine also likes to work loose when driving, like it's sealed and then starts leaking and have to hit the button to pull it closed again, then starts leaking and have to raise it a bit to get it to seal.

I did find a way to "reset" the computer for the windows and sunroof at one point, never got to try it but I'll see it I can't find it.

Old 07-05-2010, 11:49 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YOu can calibrate these and see if it helps.

Sun roof module (SRM), calibratingNote! The illustrations in this service information are used for different model years and/or models. Some variation may occur. However, the essential information in the illustrations is always correct.
CalibrationCalibrating the sun roof module (SRM)
The sun roof must be closed.
Ignition in position I.

Press the sun roof switch so that the sun roof is in the tilt position.
Release the switch.

Press the switch (in the tilt position) in again for at least 5 seconds so that the sun roof closes.
Release the switch.
The calibration is complete.

Note! If the sun roof has not moved to the correct position, carry out calibration again.
Hint: If the sun roof has still not moved to the correct position:
Press the sun roof switch so that the sun roof moves to the rearmost position (completely open).
Release the switch.
Press the switch (in the completely open position) in again for at least 5 seconds so that the sun roof closes.
Release the switch.
Close the sun roof and carry out calibration again. See steps 1 and 2 above.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 AM

SVTfocus03 has the correct solution to this problem. To clearify a few points, here was my proceedure.

1st - with the doors and hood closed, lock/unlock driver door with key 5 times (not sure if this was necessary, but I was trying everything)

2nd - get in car, close all doors.

3rd - turn key to position I (enough so the radio comes on, but not so much that all of the warning lights come on. Check the key to make sure you are lined up with I)

4th - pull the sunroof button toward the back window to open the sunroof WITHOUT using the auto open feature (don't allow the button to go past the first click). It will automatically stop at 3/4 open so you will need to pull the button toward the back window again (don't use auto open feature) so that the sun roof is 100% open. Release the button once the sunroof is all the way open.

5th - pull the button toward the back window one more time (even though it is already open)... again, careful not to use the auto open feature. You can release the button when the sunroof starts moving again (about 5 seconds). Wait for the cycle to finish (the sunroof stops moving)

6th - repeat steps 4 and 5 (very important to repeat the steps).

This should reset your sunroof operation like it did mine.

Thanks SVTfocus03 for helping! I got it eventually

Old 02-23-2016, 01:32 PM
Smile It worked great!

I thought I was in for an expensive repair involving a new switch and/or rebuild of the whole track system. I was able to talk my son through the process over the phone, and then he replied "I fixed it". Thank you for the information. Saved me the trouble of a costly shop billing me at least an hour labor to do 1-minute worth of work.