Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tint Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tint Ticket

I recently was pulled over here in CT for having tints with no DMV stickers. Apparently, all aftermaket tints must be tested (regardless if they are legal) by DMV and a sticker will be provided if they pass (35% light transmittance all around excluding front - CT). It is a complaint ticket in violation of ordinance 14-99 and is worth $136.

The cop said if I go to DMV and pass the test I do not have to pay the ticket and can send it with a plea of not guilty. I know it will fail as I had 20% tints installed. So I'm now contemplating of pleading no contest
and just paying the fine.

Before I do this though, I want ask if anyone in this forum had done the same. I just want to make sure that I do not get a letter later on asking me (forcing me) to fix it anyway. Or maybe they won't renew my registration or something. I want to make sure that paying the fine is the end of it and I just risk paying it again if I get pulled over once more.

Thanks.

Old 07-03-2010, 11:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this happen to my Cadi and when i paid the ticket part(that admitted guilt) they told me to strip the tint.I did not and was pulled over again and my car was towed By the same cop.I forget what the ticket was for but i had to go to court.It was a civil infraction.I removed tint and charges were dropped with court cost $200.
One other thing i see you have a 04 S60 AWD mine is a 03 AWD how did you get the Red TCV Vac line OFF to replace it??

Old 07-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MYS6T
I had this happen to my Cadi and when i paid the ticket part(that admitted guilt) they told me to strip the tint.I did not and was pulled over again and my car was towed By the same cop.I forget what the ticket was for but i had to go to court.It was a civil infraction.I removed tint and charges were dropped with court cost $200.
One other thing i see you have a 04 S60 AWD mine is a 03 AWD how did you get the Red TCV Vac line OFF to replace it??

Did you get a letter a few weeks after paying the ticket ? Like a "fix it" notice ?

BTW, I left the red line (the one @ turbo) alone for a while and when the car was in the shop, I asked them to put it on. It is a PIA to do yourself unless u have a lift. It is best accessed from underneath.

Old 07-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redz1006
Did you get a letter a few weeks after paying the ticket ? Like a "fix it" notice ?

BTW, I left the red line (the one @ turbo) alone for a while and when the car was in the shop, I asked them to put it on. It is a PIA to do yourself unless u have a lift. It is best accessed from underneath.
Yes i did after i paid the ticket.It said that i was obligated to remove the illegal mod to my car per"the town that issued the ticket" Its only became an issue because the same police officer saw me again.Thats where the problems started.He was Pissed that i didn't remove the tint per his orders.