Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

What could euro shops program on a 2002 S60?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What could euro shops program on a 2002 S60?

First, sorry for the wrong read.

My cars climate control was replaced by the previous owner and I don't know the part # of the original. They didn't program it accordingly hence sometimes it acts funky (won't cool, works better when recirc is ON), but so far it's been working. Also, the person who replaced didn't disconnect the battery and I have an SRS message.

So here's the thing, I called a local euro shop and they said they'd check and program (if need be) the ECC for $85 to make sure the computer works with it properly. I don't know if they can pull (from the computer) the part # for the ECC that was programmed originally. No problem, but my car didn't come with heated seats and the ECC has the buttons for that. Also, it seems my car didn't come with the AUTO recirculation feature, you can only turn recirc on or off (left LED lights up only) and the ECC has the MAN/AUTO button for it.

- Can I get an ECC (that fits) from a salvage that doesn't have the heated seats button and with the manual recirc button and have the shop program it?

- Or could I get one WITH the AUTO recirc button and make that work as well?

- I don't know if I can just remove the heated seats button on mine and replace them with a blank button cover. Then just get the current one programmed.

- Can the bottom row of buttons be programmed as well? Mine just has the Valet trunk lock button and the one for lowering the rear headrests. I've noticed some came with the STC button as well, dunno if I could get one and program it as well.

- My headlight switch doesn't have the fuel door unlock button, could I replace it with one that has it and get it programmed? I've read that the 2001 models didn't have it but 2002 and up did.

- Can you pretty much get any interior controls programmed?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I noticed my headlight switch has the fog light button on the bottom right, but there are no bumper mounted fog lights (they're covered up). What will it do if pressed?

Last edited by borimrr; 03-28-2013 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator
Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts

If someone put the wrong CCM in, you can't program it to make it work as far as I know. Technically, any used CCM shouldn't be able to be put in that car and work, but it may if you get the correct one.

You can pop the heated seat buttons out and put a blank in. I believe it is available separately.

The bottom row isn't just a matter of adding a button.STC is run through the ABS control module, it isn't just a button.

I don't know what you mean about the other interior controls.

The fog light button on the bottom right is the rear fog light.

Not sure about the fuel door button, I thought all 02s had it as well. What's the VIN?

Does

Old 03-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by ES6T
If someone put the wrong CCM in, you can't program it to make it work as far as I know. Technically, any used CCM shouldn't be able to be put in that car and work, but it may if you get the correct one.

You can pop the heated seat buttons out and put a blank in. I believe it is available separately.

The bottom row isn't just a matter of adding a button.STC is run through the ABS control module, it isn't just a button.

I don't know what you mean about the other interior controls.

The fog light button on the bottom right is the rear fog light.

Not sure about the fuel door button, I thought all 02s had it as well. What's the VIN?

Does
- Ok, I believe the guy on the phone wasn't sure. I just heard him ask a co-worker how much it was to flash the computer for an a/c module. Can they check to see what was the original CCM (part #) with the computer? I mean the CCM technically works, but I don't it's a good idea to leave that one in there since it's not the correct one.

-I have the CCM off of an XC90 available (work at a dealership that owns a salvage) with the blank button for the heated seats that I could pull out and replace with the dual buttons.

- So can the bottom row buttons be programmed or not? I was able to easily pull them out and reinstall physically from the XC90's CCM. It seems you can plug them in in any slot since they use the same interface/connector.

- Other interior controls as in anything that has a switch, button, ****, etc. (radio, light switches, window switches, etc.) I ask in case I ever need to change out anything that works electrically myself at home.

- Yeah, I went outside and tried the button out, rear fog lights came on. Works perfectly. Should've done that before asking :/

- VIN is YV1RS61R522099286. The fuel door works properly; locks itself 10 minutes after remote lock and unlocks with remote as well.

Thanks.

Last edited by borimrr; 03-28-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Your CCM is part number 8651247. Just doing a software reload to this one is likely going to be a waste of money.

The button blank from the XC90 should be the same.

The bottom row of buttons cannot simply be programmed. You can't just add a park assist button and have park assist. You can't just add a button to change the entire traction control system, etc. If there is a dealer installed option for something that uses a switch in the lower row, then it can be programmed. But I don't know of any for an 02 S60.

Lots of things need a download to work, if that's what you're referring to when you asked about getting other things programmed. For example, the door modules (switch packs) need a download to work. A used one won't work.

Your car has an open recall for the fuel pump, I'd recommend taking it in for that.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:05 PM

Your CCM is part number 8651247. Just doing a software reload to this one is likely going to be a waste of money.

The button blank from the XC90 should be the same.

The bottom row of buttons cannot simply be programmed. You can't just add a park assist button and have park assist. You can't just add a button to change the entire traction control system, etc. If there is a dealer installed option for something that uses a switch in the lower row, then it can be programmed. But I don't know of any for an 02 S60.

Lots of things need a download to work, if that's what you're referring to when you asked about getting other things programmed. For example, the door modules (switch packs) need a download to work. A used one won't work.

Your car has an open recall for the fuel pump, I'd recommend taking it in for that.
Wow, thanks. I don't think I'll be able to find that exact one unless I get lucky with a junk yard. New one is over $1,000.

This is what I found with a quick search, don't see my part#:

2002 Volvo S60 4DRS with Sunroof 2.4l 5 cylinder Auto Parts like heater

I'm taking it tomorrow morning for the recall (appointment), I had checked the VIN for that before I bought the car. Let's see what happens.

I guess I'll stick with my current CCM until a buy a newer Volvo in the future that was properly taken care of.

Thanks a million again.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Well that part number is likely outdated and superceeded to another one. Xemodex.com may be able to help you get a module that you need with the features your car has.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:50 PM

Well that part number is likely outdated and superceeded to another one. Xemodex.com may be able to help you get a module that you need with the features your car has.
I shot them an email, I'll wait and see. I'll call them if I don't get a response soon enough.

For now I'm just going to replace the recirculation and heated seat buttons so it looks proper. The bottom row of buttons works correctly so I can leave that be. As long as the Auto A/C works I'm happy.