Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

aftermarket accessories and parts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket accessories and parts?

i want to put some aftermarket accessories on my car, like the headlights that are on the car at the top of this site, where would i find volvo accessories?

Old 10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: aftermarket accessories and parts?

https://volvoforums.com/m_38612/tm.htm

Check those sites.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome

1. Which headlights? If you looking the car with the black hood in the left upper corner. That is an s40 not an s70 and those headlights will not fit.

2. If you want projectors. Then look into the ABM projector headlights and turn signals. I have the Chrome version of these and they also come in black.

- EuroSportTuning (EST)
- DTMwerks
- EBAY

These are three places to look for to purchase them.

*On a side note if you wanted to take on the job, to retrofit projectors from another kind of car into your OEM headlights. Yes people have done this with their 850's, I don't see why you cannot do it with an s70.

3. Links to sites...

- https://volvoforums.com/m_38606/tm.htm
- https://volvoforums.com/m_65537/tm.htm

*First link is to many different links to many different sites including aftermarket Volvo websites.
*Second link is to typically asked questions.
*Both are a must read and look through.

4. What other items are you looking for?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:24 AM

I'm just looking for headlights, tail lights, air intake, exhaust, performance chips, anything relatively inexpensive that can increase the performance or style of my car. I just want things that are known to be good for Volvo's so that I know I'm not putting junk in my car.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:04 AM

ORIGINAL: cdurnal

I'm just looking for headlights, tail lights, air intake, exhaust, performance chips, anything relatively inexpensive that can increase the performance or style of my car. I just want things that are known to be good for Volvo's so that I know I'm not putting junk in my car.
1. HEADLIGHTS: You have choices.

A. Stay stock
B. E-code headlight lenses and turn signals. I used to have these and they were very nice. FCP Groton sells them. IPD USA and EuroSportTuning (EST) and possibly Viva performance might sell them. I haven't been on their websites lately to know for sure. So check them out. By the way the e-codes have a different cutoff beam pattern then your DOT lenses also the turn signals do not have the orange reflector in them.
C. C70 Jewel headlamps. These can be bought from Viva Performance.
D. ABM Projector headlights. Like I said before EBAY (Use in the search Volvo Projector), DTMwerks and EuroSportTuning (EST).

2. TAILLIGHTS: Do not exist for the Volvo. At least for the s70 series. So your going to have to keep them stock unless you want to smoke them or something with something like VHT Nightshades.

3. AIR INTAKES:

A. Keep it stock with an OEM paper panel filter.
B. Get a K&N panel filter and put it in the stock box.
C. Purchase a short ram intake from EuroSportTuning (EST) or IPD USA, both are the exact same thing, just looks slightly different. Both do the same job. It is personal preference which company to buy from. These are direct fit applications.
D. If you can find one get a BMC CDA, Viva Performance sells them, however they have been out of stock for a very long time. But contact George there and ask him. This would not be direct fit and would take some working to make it fit.

4. PERFORMANCE CHIPS (ECU UPGRADES): You have a few to choose from.

A. IPD USA
B. BSR PPC (Sold by EuroSportTuning (EST))
C. RICA and RICA PPC (Sold by Viva Performance)
*Those are the best tuners on the market and like wise the most expensive.
D. Upsolute
E. SpeedTuning USA
*Those two are the cheaper tunes and you get what you pay for. Now if all you were going to do is an ECU upgrade go with them. But I highly recommend the above three.

5. Nothing and I mean nothing is cheap for Volvo's, especially when it comes to the aftermarket world and performance upgrades. You bought the wrong car if you wanted cheap parts. With that said other mods that will add power are...

*If your turboed... A 3" mandrel bent downpipe. Also a 2.5" to 3" mandrel bent catback system witha free flowing muffler such as a Magnaflow or Borla.
Also those intakes and ECU upgrades are meant for turboed models not N/A models.

* If your N/A, do not bother upgrading the engine, stick to cosmetics and interior or suspension parts.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:15 AM

Viva Performance Items

C70 JEWELS

C70 JEWEL TURN SIGNALS

E-Code Turn Signals

IPD USA Items

E-Code Turn signals

*Looks like they do not sell the E-Code headlight lenses.

EuroSportTuning (EST) Items

E-Code Turn Signals

*Looks like they don't have the E-Code headlight lenses either.

ABM Chrome & Black Projectors

FCP Groton Items

E-Code headlight lenses & turn signals
*FCP Groton does have the E-Code headlight lenses and turn signals.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:21 AM

On a side note DTMwerks doesn't seem to carry the ABM Projectors or turn signals anymore. Personally I bought my projectors from EBAY and the turn signals from DTMwerks. Lets just say DTMwerks was a hassle to deal with and I wouldn't deal with them again after my experience. I only put it out there as an option and right now it isn't since they don't sell them anymore.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:33 AM

Thanks for your help. Just so I'm straight on this, (I came from Mustangs so I'm new with Volvos) I have a '99 S70 GLT, that means I have the 2.4L turboed 5 cylinder, correct?

Old 10-28-2008, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: cdurnal

Thanks for your help. Just so I'm straight on this, (I came from Mustangs so I'm new with Volvos) I have a '99 S70 GLT, that means I have the 2.4L turboed 5 cylinder, correct?
Yes, you have a small turbo. Meaning you have the LPT engine. The turbo that is on there should be the 13g with a straight flange on it.

Old 10-28-2008, 04:48 PM

what about lowering the car?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IPD, Eibach, and EST are good springs. If you can find TME sweden get those. most of these springs should cost ~$250.
Also do IPD sway bars (~$250-$480)and KONI or Bilstein shocks/struts(~$400-$600). Or youcan spend $2050 and get some KW coilovers.
And if you want to stiffen up the car, Strut braces from EST or IPD orViva Performance (~$150-$200). If you want to go crazy then add a roll cage.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:25 PM

Does anyone know if those E-code Jeweld headlights and turn signals are made for an 850?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think tech has the Jeweld headlights on his car right now.Click here>>> https://volvoforums.com/m_125882/tm.htm
Here is Where you can buy them: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volvo...6460QQtcZphoto
You can also get these: http://www.eurosporttuning.ca/mm5/me...Code=VL-850-ex
They look really good.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Somthngfrce

Does anyone know if those E-code Jeweld headlights and turn signals are made for an 850?
E-codes are. Also the projectors posted above are.