Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

new to the board... and got volvo problems :(

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to the board... and got volvo problems :(

i have a 98' S70
but i've had a rejection sticker on it since like june haha so i spent like $800 to get everything on it fixed so i can get a sticker (now that its 2007 i REALLY need one) and so i pick it up this morning they fixed my drivers side lock (it broke bc a SHOPPING CART hit my door while my brother was parked in the grocery store parking lot sitting in it right when we got like 60 MPH winds ... theres a shopping cart indent in the door [:@]but the store paid us for the estimate of the damage ) they did my breaks (which i needed REALLY BAD .. it was getting to the point where they squeeked on the highway and i had to start slowing down WAYY before i was gona stop .. oops...) and my check engine light was on constantly since june... my ABS light and TRACS OFF light comes on and off when it feels like it .. so i go to get a sticker and my ABS and TRACS OFF light comes on again and shuts off like it was before and now my check engine light is back on [:@]but they checked to make sure it would pass inspection so i KNOW nothing is wrong ..... any suggestions? the guy i bring it to specializes in volvos i called him back to tell him the check engine light was on but he mustve been on lunch... i NEED a sticker [>:]and i really dont want to get another car ... my passengers side lock also stopped locking about a year and a half ago (i guess its a common problem) anyone know why?

sorry this is long Volvo (yeah thats my cars "name" lol) is annoying me lol...poor volvo[&o]

Old 01-06-2007, 02:33 AM
Default RE: new to the board... and got volvo problems :(

Hi Ashlee it seems like your ABS module is going bad which is a very common problem with our Volvos. When the module starts to go bad it will have your dash light up like a Christmas tree.You can also stop by your local AutoZone and they will read your check engine codes for free so that way you'll know for sure what is going on with your car. I hope this helps some. [/align]

Old 01-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

You can have the ABS module rebuilt for less than $100.00.
They are very common to go bad.

The door locks are also very common to go bad.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:15 AM

thanks i'll have to stop by autozone and get that checked out helps a lot since i love love love my car and really want to get another year out of it ... although i do plan on moving to FL and dont think my car will make the 1500 mile drive [:'(] and i dont want to push it since its running nice ... any suggestions on a sales price for a 98' volvo s70?? its white, tan leather interier (front seats cracked, driver seat has some rips from sun age) automatic, not a turbo,sunroof, 150,000miles on it (close estimate), etc. kelly bluebook valued for trade-in if perfect is $6800... i have no idea about cars or selling one etc lol so any help is good... i did put in all the right info (milage etc) for the blue book value... i dont know if i should try and sell it and try to get enough $ for another car when i get down to FL.... hmm.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

If you can I would fix it and drive it as long as you can.
1998 S70 was the best year of the S70. After that they weren't even close in reliability.
The body looks in good shape.
You might also be able to sell it for more here in FLA.